Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NSAC raises marijuana threshold by 300%

Default NSAC raises marijuana threshold by 300%

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...eshold-by-300/

One quick solution to the problem was offered by the The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), which recently upped the standards for a positive test. The new requirement rightly prevents fighters from competing while high, but does not penalizing those fighters that choose to engage in marijuana on a recreation or prescription basis during the normal course of the life. Under the new standard, the marijuana testing threshold would be raised from 50 ng/mL to 150 ng/mL.

Now one of the most infliuential regulatory bodies in the world, the Nevada State Athletic Commisson (NSAC) has followed suit.

MiddleEasy has the story.

A couple of weeks ago I talked to Keith Kizer, the head of the NSAC, about marijuana and MMA. We went on for over a half hour, and at the end of the conversation my animosity towards him dissipated.

This morning I received an email from Keith Kizer letting me know that as of yesterday, the NSAC has officially raised the testing threshold of marijuana metabolites from 50 ng/mL to 150 ng/mL. That represents a 300% increase, which means you can have 3x more marijuana metabolites in your system before it's a positive test. something unprecedented in the the industry. Now that the threshold has been raised, fighters could literally smoke marijuana roughly up until a week before their fight -- although it's best to stay off the green, leafy stuff at least two weeks prior to a 150 ng/ML test just to err on the side of caution.

...once again, there is no such thing as "prescription" marijuana in the United States.

shitty mmajournalizm strikes again.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

don't smoke the shit in training camp, and don't take a fight on short notice if you've been smoking the shit. As an athlete you shouldn't be smoking PERIOD. But hey if that's your thing....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...once again, there is no such thing as "prescription" marijuana in the United States.

shitty mmajournalizm strikes again.

rh
    The author is talking about the World Anti Doping Agency when prescription marijuana is mentioned; I don't see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    don't smoke the shit in training camp, and don't take a fight on short notice if you've been smoking the shit. As an athlete you shouldn't be smoking PERIOD. But hey if that's your thing....
    Ingestion is a very common method

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    The author is talking about the World Anti Doping Agency when prescription marijuana is mentioned; I don't see the problem.
    I don't know of any other countries that actually prescribe marijuana. I'm not saying there aren't any out there, but unless they're growing/controlling the actual product in a single standardized unit, I'd have to immediately question the legitimacy of their health care system.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

canada prescribes marijuana, my buddy in bc has been getting it for awhile, buys from a little hemp shop, all different flavours n prices

^^ that is true but I know a guy out in BC that had a box fall on his foot at work and now he gets "prescribed" weed from his doctor. They throw it around out there for the littlest thing. And its just goes to show the joke of a health care system we have - even though its free.

sigh....do they "prescribe" it--meaning they actually write out a scrip with an amount and a time to ingest--or do they issue licenses that make it legal for someone to possess it, and then recommend it's use?

I'm not talking about Marinol, I'm talking about green, unrefined vegetation.

rh

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Thread Information