Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dan Henderson on rematch with Vitor Belfort: 'Seems like he has some kicks now'

Hybrid View

Default Dan Henderson on rematch with Vitor Belfort: 'Seems like he has some kicks now'

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/6/469...atch-kicks-mma

A rematch over seven years in the making.

If the interview "Hendo" conducted with FOX Sports at UFC Fight Night 28: "Teixeira vs. Bader," was any indication of how the re-do will end up, mixed martial arts (MMA) fans can expect a striking war.

"I am excited to fight someone who is going to bang with me. Vitor has been around for a long time -- it seems like he has some kicks now, so I guess that's different from before. I am excited to fight him and beat his rear end."

The two originally squared off against each other at PRIDE 32, with the American scoring a unanimous decision victory. After the fight, Belfort tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone, which of course, explains why he hasn't returned to fight in Las Vegas since.

This fight will be very different from the first one.

I do not understand how is that Belfort (in roids) looked that bad in that fight. Maybe he had some problems in his personal life
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I can almost see BelfoTRT being the one to break Hendo's chin...

If Hendo comes out as fluid and fast as he did in the Fedor fight, I think he has a chance. But looking at his recent performances, I see this being a win for Vitor. And, like Mr Blobfish, I think I'd wager on a TKO victory for Vitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Vitor Belfort – “I’ll be ready to dominate Henderson for five rounds.”
    http://www.fighters.com/09/08/vitor-...or-five-rounds
    Belfort told the media:

“It’s a rematch, so it won’t taste differently. It gives me more motivation. He’s a tough fighter, but I’ll be ready to dominate him for five rounds.”

“That’s the type of fight that the fans will enjoy. It’s going to be intense. I have 14 weeks until the fight, and preparation requires dedication and sacrifice. I’ll focus on winning the fight. I’m preparing myself for a five-round intense fight. That’s the way I predict the fight going.”

“My division is the 185 pounds, absolutely. I’m ranked there, but the Dan Henderson fight came in a good moment. He’s a fighter well ranked at 205, who has a fantastic history. But I’m not thinking about anything yet. My next mountain is Dan Henderson and that’s the mountain I want to climb. Dana White decides that. There’s a ranking, but I’m not worried about that. I’m only worried about beating Dan Henderson. The more victories I get, the highest I get.”

My division is the 185 pounds, absolutely. I’m ranked there, but the Dan Henderson fight came in a good moment.
    Is Vitor pretending that he didn't refuse to fight at MW unless it was a title fight because the weight cuts are too much? Ohhhhh Vitor.
    Last edited by AnchorPunch; 09-08-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Had a typo, was missing "didn't". Whoops!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Hendo beats Vitor handily in this one imo.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

cant wait.

I think Vitor TrtKOs him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

I think Hendo dominates him. Really where is Vitor better then Hendo? Are his hands that much better? Hendo more than held his own in close fights with Machida (outstruck him 54-28) and Evans who I would argue are better strikers than Vitor and overall better fighters than Vitor. Plus it looks like this fight is at 205 which is much more in Hendo's favor than Vitor's.

Also just because Hendo has not been using his wrestling that often lately doesn't mean he can't pull that card out. Trust me he is watching that Jones v. Vitor fight and seeing just how bad Vitor's takedown defense is. This fight will look a lot like Vitor v. Couture III, Hendo just beats him up everywhere and the ref pulls him off in the 4th.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Thread Information