Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maia on Sonnen, GSP and wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Funny how certain fighter's transgressions are not made public, while others' are.

I think a lot of it depends on how much of a loud mouth you are in when you aren't in trouble. It seems like we never hear much out of Shields.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    I think a lot of it depends on how much of a loud mouth you are in when you aren't in trouble. It seems like we never hear much out of Shields.
    ie Barnett.

Maia has looked really impressive recently. He's not trying to prove a point with his striking, and is fighting to his strengths.
    I don't think Maia has a choice at WW but to work hard on wrestling, with GSP, Hendricks, MacDonald (and potentially Askren) circling.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

As much as I wanna see Maia crush Jake.. My gut tells me it won't happen..This match-up plays right into Jakes style, and he finds a way to win those fights.. I still don't think Shields is the fighter he was a few years ago, but he gets the job done. Maia is a better grappler, not by a lot but pure grappling skills Maia wins 8/10 even against a very high caliber BJJ guy in Shields.

Maia with updated and effective takedowns and wrestling he's been displaying, I'll take Maia close Split Decision...
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Thread Information