Thread: The IOC Has Voted And Wrestling Is Back In The Olympics

Default The IOC Has Voted And Wrestling Is Back In The Olympics

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/8/...mpic-committee

This morning, in Buenos Aires, the International Olympic Committee held a vote to determine whether wrestling would be readmitted into the Olympic games. It will be.

Wrestling will be in the Olympics after 2016.

After presentations by squash, baseball/softball, and wrestling before the assembled International Olympic Committee this morning in Argentina, and subsequent question and answer sessions, the IOC voted to admit wrestling back into the Olympic Games.

It only took one vote, wrestling received 49 votes, it needed 48.

So basically a generation of wrestlers lose out on Olympic dreams due to self-serving career politicians who catered to the whims of the media?

Reinstating for 2020 isn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    So basically a generation of wrestlers lose out on Olympic dreams due to self-serving career politicians who catered to the whims of the media?

Reinstating for 2020 isn't good enough.
    Every article I have read said that the removal of wrestling was going to be after 2016. And as far as everything I have read on the vote to reinstate, there will be wrestling at 2016. I think that line in the article above is misleading. The reason it is worded like that is because wrestling wasn't going to be removed until after the 2016 games
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

No it is back in for 2016 - 2024 and in 2024 the IOC could elimnate another sport. I am glad that the people in power made the right decision for once and added wrestling back to the olympics. When they first announced that wrestling was kicked out, it felt like a family member died. But the community banded together and forced the IOC's hand.

The reason why it is was elimnated in the first place was because the IOC is ran by Western Europeans and they do not care for sports that they can not compete in. Which is why golf was added and they kept the penathlon.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I have read repeatedly that it's removal had far more to do with the fact that fila is a bunch of morons with their heads in their asses and had no avenue for handling grievances.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information