+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC's Carlos Condit targets Matt Brown after Martin Kampmann redemption

Default UFC's Carlos Condit targets Matt Brown after Martin Kampmann redemption

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...ann-redemption

Former UFC interim welterweight champ Carlos Condit said his priority remains winning the undisputed title, as well as putting on great fights for the fans.

Now that an opportunity in the latter category appears to have materialized, he'd like to seize the day. With Tarec Saffiedine still injured, he called for a bout with the surging Matt Brown.

"He's been on a tear, and it'd be really exciting for the fans," Condit (29-7 MMA, 6-3 UFC) told MMAjunkie.com Radio.

Brown (18-11 MMA, 11-5 UFC) was recently targeted to fight Saffiedine (14-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) in December at an undetermined event. But Saffiedine is not healthy enough to train, according to a recent report from Yahoo! Sports, and might not be ready to fight until next year. The former Strikeforce champ targeted Brown or Condit for his return at the end of this year or early 2014.

Condit, who recently avenged a previous loss by stopping Martin Kampmann in UFC Fight Night 27's headliner this past week, also targeted early 2014 for his next fight. But Brown is the opponent he'd like to face.

"I'd like that fight, and we'll have to see what happens," Condit said.
    "I would like to win the belt, and I would like to avenge losses," Condit said. "Maybe not every one because not all those guys are not in the UFC or never have been. Or even fight those rematches that I won in close decisions or close fights, like (Rory) MacDonald and (Jake) Ellenberger. Or just continue to have great fights. Even if it's new guys, I want to fight the top guys in the division."

He'll pick Matt Brown apart piece by piece.

Condit paints a masterpiece of Brown's face and lead leg.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I was a little surprised to see Condit (2) call out Brown (10) but then you look at UFC's rankings and there is no one else available for Condit to fight who is ranked in the top ten.

Diaz (7) could be available for a rematch, if he could get his shit together.

Saffiedine (9) is apparently still injured.

Ellenberger? (5) But that is a big risk to take for not upward momentum.

Matt Brown it is.

And yes, Condit puts Brown in his place.

Sounds good to me. Winner could face Rory for the next title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by orion_damage View Post
    Sounds good to me. Winner could face Rory for the next title shot.

Well if GSP loses, I am sure he will get an immediate rematch like Silva did... And if GSP wins, he claims he wont fight Rory. So either way I dont see that happening unless GSP wins and vacates the belt to retire or move up in weight.

So if Brown wins.....title shot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Pretty smart by Condit. Brown is an easy target. He'll beat brown spectacularly and derail that hype train while staying in title contention with little risk.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    If he were to beat the number three welterweight, I would be surprised if he didn't get one. It would be a big test for Brown, but nothing is impossible. He could do it. Will he win if the match is made? I have no idea, but it would be a great fight to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post

Well fuk yeah.

I think Condit will be too much for Matt Brown. Brown is a great fighter and aggressive but that won't faze Condit, he just gets stronger as the fight goes on.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information