Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill

1. Default The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill

http://middleeasy.com/fighting/item/...ing-rumor-mill

This Sunday Morning Rumor Mill was written at a time that was not Sunday morning. Of course that brings up the question: if a Sunday Morning Rumor Mill isn't written on a Sunday morning, then is it really a Sunday Morning Rumor Mill?

Of course it is, now stop asking me silly questions that are psychically transported into my head. The SMRM had a couple weeks layoff, which can solely be attributed to a lack of sustainable content. However we're back with a new edition, so enjoy and remember the SMRM reflects rumors that are heard within the MMA industry and they do not necessarily reflect fact.

.Bellator has been/will be grooming Joe Warren as a real star in the promotion, so it was a massive setback when he couldn't compete at Bellator 98.

.Apparently Bellator was offering lucrative contracts to guys they knew Joe Warren could beat in order for him to be the Bellator champion yet again. The matchmaking was designed for Warren to win the tournament as well.

.I've been told by someone working within ZUFFA that UFC's decision to expand into Asia and put an office directly in Singapore was in part attributed to ONE FC claiming they and UFC have a 'duopoly' in MMA, with UFC controlling the Western market and ONE FC controlling the East. The UFC believes they control all markets, and they want to illustrate that point going into 2014.

.The UFC has been discussing moving into Russia, via a headquarter in Poland. Yeah, I thought that didn't make sense either.

.Spike TV has a desire to get into the boxing industry through a reality show not unlike Mark Burnett's 2005 'The Contender.'

.Mirko Cro Cop has been pitching Joe Silva a return to the UFC with his first fight being against Mark Hunt that is dependent on if he can get five consecutive wins in MMA.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

2. Default

Don't care to see CC as I enjoy a memory of him KOing people.

Me too. I keep forgetting how many times he got KOd near the end of his career in the UFC, watching people's highlight reals and there is CroCop on it. Would love to have seen crop cop of 2005 fight now but those days are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Don't care to see CC as I enjoy a memory of him KOing people.

4. Default

Well since leaving the UFC, he is 7-0 in K-1 and MMA.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Well since leaving the UFC, he is 7-0 in K-1 and MMA.
    Valid point. I for one, enjoy them memory of Pride Cro Cop too much for it to be tainted by a return to UFC. I think Hunt would just KO him at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Bellator has become the biggest joke of MMA, I've simply lost all respect for it pretty much. Joe Warren is garbage, and he's not a star, he wouldn't even be top 15 in the UFC. I feel bad for the quality guys they have like Michael Chandler and Eddie Alvarez. I hope they can escape the joke that has become of Bellator.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Bellator sold their soul to the devil and is paying for it now. It's something the UFC avoided, years ago they had a deal on the table to get nationally televised but didn't go threw with it because of all the control they would lose. Bellator seemed not to care and now Viacom and people at Spike own their asses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Warren's turning 37 in October, I'm not too certain that's a guy you want to build you division around and who knows how long he'll be out with this new concussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Warren's turning 37 in October, I'm not too certain that's a guy you want to build you division around and who knows how long he'll be out with this new concussion?
    Totally agreed. This actually made me wonder how real these rumors are. I suppose Viacomm could have really taken things in a bad direction, but a lot of these new Bellator stories feel out of character and like transparently bad ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

The UFC doesn't have a soul to lose.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Thread Information