+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vet Shinya Aoki headed to featherweight, meets Cody Stevens at ONE FC 11

Default Vet Shinya Aoki headed to featherweight, meets Cody Stevens at ONE FC 11

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...s-at-one-fc-11

After an already-decorated career at lightweight, MMA notable Shinya Aoki is apparently aiming for a dual-division run as he enters his 30s.

Officials today announced Aoki (33-6), ONE FC's lightweight champion, will drop to featherweight to fight Cody Stevens (11-5-1) in a non-title bout at "ONE FC 11: Total Domination."

The event takes place Oct. 18 at Singapore Indoor Stadium in Kallang, Singapore. Aoki and Stevens co-headline the event, which streams via online pay-per-view.

"I am dropping down to featherweight for the first time in my career in this fight," Aoki stated. "I feel stronger and faster at this weight, and I have my sights set on competing against all the top featherweights and lightweights that ONE FC puts in front of me. The weight cut will not be a problem for me, and I am definitely ready for this challenge."

Should be an easy cut. Aoki is one of the scrawniest fighters I've ever seen.
    Shinya "Skin And Bones" Aoki.

I wish his stand up was as good as his ground game because if it was I'd have to say that Aoki would be the best fighter outside of the UFC.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information