Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Renzo Gracie to plan UFC return in 'three to four months'

Default Renzo Gracie to plan UFC return in 'three to four months'

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/10/47...our-months-bjj

From his conversation on The MMA Hour:

"Believe it, there's nothing that I want to do more than to be back in the cage, to be back fighting. I just love doing that. Life has been pushing me everywhere but in that direction, but now I'm getting so tired and frustrated with everything else that I'm going to just bury myself into a mat and train the whole day, and do what I love, which is training and fighting. For sure, I'll be fighting again... Man, I've just begun training again and I'm feeling good. I had a few problems in the family and now I got everything tuned up, everything is getting better. So I'm looking to be in top shape in three or four months from now, and from there I'll set up a date."

No no no, who are they going to send out there to fight him? Hughes was one thing because it had some story and he was nearing the end of his career. Right now every single WW or MW in the UFC would smash Renzo. Are they going to call Saku out of retirement?
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I can't believe the UFC ever gave him this contract. I can see the one-off fight with Hughes but a multi-fight?

Renzo is looking to implement his latest submission... the "walker" choke...

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Are they going to call Saku out of retirement?
    Love the idea but can't see it happening. Can't see Renzo coming back at all for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Noooooooooope
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    No no no, who are they going to send out there to fight him? Hughes was one thing because it had some story and he was nearing the end of his career. Right now every single WW or MW in the UFC would smash Renzo. Are they going to call Saku out of retirement?
    My thoughts exactly.. lol Renzo vs who??
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Against one of the lower tier SF crossovers thats yet to be cut?
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by stpierrecanada View Post
    My thoughts exactly.. lol Renzo vs who??
    Maybe the loser of Maia vs. Shields?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Maybe the loser of Maia vs. Shields?
    I'm going to say no. He is so far down the ladder, idk who even matches up with him. Maybe a ufc newcomer or something.

Thread Information