Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Renzo Gracie to plan UFC return in 'three to four months'

UFC will not sign him.
    It is not 2000 anymore. He would get smashed by anyone.

The Gracie era is over since a very long time. Now every time a Gracie steps inside the UFC, he gets embarrassed and immediately cut.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I still think Roger Gracie should have been built up. Renzo should too, but I don't see him getting high up in rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I still think Roger Gracie should have been built up. Renzo should too, but I don't see him getting high up in rankings.
    After a performance like that, it is absolutely impossible to build up anyone.
    Maybe they should have put him against Soa Palelei or Nikita Krylov, who gave one of the worst fights in recent months.

When you watch performances like Gracie's, or Palelei's/Krylov's, it is impossible to believe that they are professional fighters. Not to bash them, I know that they would easily kick any "normal" person's butt. But seriously to watch them perform in such a sloppy way and to be absolutely gassed after a couple of minutes....
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    After a performance like that, it is absolutely impossible to build up anyone.
    Maybe they should have put him against Soa Palelei or Nikita Krylov, who gave one of the worst fights in recent months.

When you watch performances like Gracie's, or Palelei's/Krylov's, it is impossible to believe that they are professional fighters. Not to bash them, I know that they would easily kick any "normal" person's butt. But seriously to watch them perform in such a sloppy way and to be absolutely gassed after a couple of minutes....
    Palelei has always had a big problem with the UFC jitters. I remember watching his fight against Eddie Sanchez and thinking it was the worst fight I had ever seen. Then he gets immediately cut, murders a bunch of competition in smaller orgs, and comes back in for another shitty, plodding performance.

And Renzo in the UFC is a clearly bad idea. Three and a half years ago when he said he would have 6 fights in the UFC, it was a bad idea... and he was tuned up by K1 Hughes so badly I thought he would immediately retire. Yes, he's a legend, but there is no way he can compete with the top 75% of any division. Imagine what some upper-level midcarder like Ed Herman or Matt Brown would do to him.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

i honestly dont think there is a single person in the ufc that renzo can beat right now in this stage of his career/life.

The only person Renzo might be able to compete with would be someone who has good BJJ and lacks everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Dana White: ‘I don’t know why Renzo Gracie wants to come back’
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/30...ants-to-return
    "I have to ask Renzo Gracie why," White said. "Renzo, you've been around forever, you've accomplished so many things. You have the respect of the entire combat world in every country. I just don’t know why he wants to come back at his age and fight again."

Renzo Gracie (13-7-1, 1 NC) signed a six-fight contract with the UFC after Abu Dhabi’s Flash Entertainment purchased 10 percent of UFC’s parent company Zuffa in 2010 and made his Octagon debut at UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi, losing to Matt Hughes via TKO. Gracie’s last win took place in 2007 against Frank Shamrock at EliteXC.

"I mean," White continued, "he lost badly to Matt Hughes, who was at the end of his career too."

Speaking of Abu Dhabi, White revealed he’s scheduled to visit Sheikh Tahnoon Bin Zayed Al Nahyan after UFC Fight Night 30.

"I'm going back to Abu Dhabi in October," he said. "After the Manchester fight, me and Lorenzo (Fertitta) are flying down there and meeting with the crown prince and Sheikh Tahnoon and all those guys. We'll probably be there for two or three days to talk about what's up and what's next."

Renzo Gracie Informs Dana White Why He Wants To Return
    http://www.fightline.com/renzo-graci...-wants-return/
    For having nothing to prove nor nothing to gain,” said Gracie to MMA Fighting. “To fight for what it is without reason, without greed, just for the passion to step once again in the arena and be an inspiration for a future generation of great fighters. To prove that age is only a handicap for the soft ones.”

"For having nothing to prove nor nothing to gain"
    "To prove that age is only a handicap for the soft ones"

Well, that was coherent.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    "For having nothing to prove nor nothing to gain"
    "To prove that age is only a handicap for the soft ones"

Well, that was coherent.
    i think hes trying to say he has nothing to prove in terms of his legacy and credentials but wants to show he can still fight. the way he said it was completely contradictory though.

Thread Information