Thread: White: Decision will be made if UFC champ Cruz can't return in early 2014

Default White: Decision will be made if UFC champ Cruz can't return in early 2014

White: Decision will be made if UFC champ Cruz can't return in early 2014
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...-in-early-2014
    "I certainly hope this is the last time we're doing the interim title," White said on a media conference call in support of UFC 165. "We're expecting his return at the beginning of the year, and if he can't return at the beginning of the year, then we're going to have to make a decision."

Absolutely insane how he hasn't fought since 2011, and still holds the belt. Pretty easy decision to make if you ask me.

And I'd hate to be the guy that has to take on Barao after such a long lay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynnja View Post
    Absolutely insane how he hasn't fought since 2011, and still holds the belt. Pretty easy decision to make if you ask me.

And I'd hate to be the guy that has to take on Barao after such a long lay off.
    Yes he may have not fought since 2011 but a lot of that had to with TUF. It was the first live season and the first time it was on FX. So had he never done TUF he would have fought Faber in early 2012 and this would have been a mute point. It is probably a big reason why Dana White hasn't taken the belt away. But now that he is healthy and training I am sure he will be set in time to fight Barao sometime in early 2014.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

The divisions has moved on without him. I think that forfeiting the belt would be in his best interest at this point. Let himself work his way back to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information