Thread: 'Shogun' Rua vs. James Te Huna slated for UFC Fight Night 33

Default 'Shogun' Rua vs. James Te Huna slated for UFC Fight Night 33

A light-heavyweight bout between Mauricio Rua (21-8 MMA, 5-6 UFC) and James Te Huna (16-6 MMA, 5-2 UFC) is the latest addition to December's UFC Fight Night 33 lineup.

The bout was first reported by dailytelegraph.com.au. MMAjunkie.com could not immediately confirm it with UFC officials.

UFC Fight Night 33 takes place Dec. 7 in the Queensland capital at Brisbane Entertainment Centre. Broadcast plans haven't been announced, but the event is expected to air on FOX Sports 1 following prelims on Facebook. Due to the time difference, the event takes place Saturday, Dec. 7, in Australia (but Friday, Dec. 6, in the U.S.).

"Shogun" and Te Huna are likely to co-headline the show, which also features heavyweights Mark Hunt vs. Antonio Silva in the headliner.

Rua, who's ranked No. 9 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA light-heavyweight rankings, looks to rebound from a quick submission loss to Chael Sonnen in UFC Fight Night 26's main event. The former champ has now lost two straight and three of his past four, which included defeats to notables Alexander Gustafsson and Dan Henderson. Despite the setbacks, the 31-year-old recently said he wasn't considering retirement.

Te Huna, meanwhile, was on a four-fight winning streak before a submission loss to Glover Teixeira in May at UFC 160. A New Zealander who now fights of Australia, the 31-year-old had posted consecutive victories over Ricardo Romero, Aaron Rosa, Joey Beltran and Ryan Jimmo before the Teixeira setback.
    Sad to see Shogun has fallen to fighting the 'James Te Huna's" of the LHW division...
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 09-11-2013 at 01:36 PM.

If he loses this one he should definitely retire.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Good. Shogun needs a step back and refocus.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

4. Default

Test that chin Te Huna.

I like this fight, it is time to build new stars of the divisions,and James Te Huna has a great look,fighting style and heritage. He might never be a champion,but if he is winning 2,3 even 4 fights,then loosing 1 for the next 10 years he is going to become a draw, and really the UFC needs the stars of tomorrow, today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

I really hope Shogun comes out and gets a dominate win. I have a feeling his 15 minutes as UFC champ was his last flash of success.

Aww yeah, two Kiwis in the main event? Gotta book my tickets!

Thread Information