Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arlovski: My chin is not weak

Hybrid View

Default Arlovski: My chin is not weak

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...n-is-not-weak/

Andrei Arlovski appeared recently on Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show ahead of his fight Saturday night with Mike Kyle at World Series of Fighting 5.

“(Mike Kyle) gave some interview and he told that he was going to knock me f---ing out because I have a weak jaw, I have a glass chin," said Arlovski. "I don’t [think] it’s impossible to prove to him that he’s wrong.”

“Somebody asked me yesterday or two days ago [if Kyle’s remarks] pisses you off. Yeah, definitely, it pisses me off, but now I’ve kind of came down. But before, like probably two or three years ago, I was so mad because … in heavyweight division, it doesn’t really matter how strong your chin, because of one punch, one right hard fast punch in the jaw and the fight’s over. But anyway, listen, first of all, I have proved that my chin is okay when I fought first Antonio Silva and he landed a few good right hands straight in my face and I survived. And I survived in my fight against Anthony Johnson. So I guess he’s wrong. If Kyle has only one hope that I have a weak chin, he’s absolutely wrong.”

The talk about Arlovski's chin started when he was knocked out by Fedor Emelianenko in the first round, back in 2010. Next fight was another first round KO, to Brett Rogers, in 22 seconds. Then there was a decision loss to Bigfoot. and then Arlovski got knocked out by Sergei Kharitonov in the first round.

However, Arlovksi susequently won four straight (and one NC) before losing a decision to Anthony Johnson; Arlovksi didn't quit, despite suffering a broken jaw.

"When I saw Greg Jackson’s face after the first round, yeah. I knew something was wrong," said Arlovski of the Johnson fight. "Obviously I tried to close my mouth and it didn’t happen. I knew something was wrong with my jaw. I didn’t know that I broke my jaw in two places, but yeah.”

"Absolutely not," replied Arlovski on whether he thought of quitting. "I thought everything was going well except I can’t close my mouth. … I thought maybe right now I’m going to have a good punch and I’m going to knock him out. It didn’t happen, but to be honest with you, second, third round, every punch Anthony would throw at my head or in my chest, I felt like electricity -- [like] somebody put electricity in my body. It was so f---ing painful.”

Technically he is probably right. His brain is mush and it can't take any more punishment. The chin itself is fine.

Yes it is.

Next subject please.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

who will do the honors of posting the gifs?

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    who will do the honors of posting the gifs?
    I'm on it...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Obviously it is weak, but he is not alone. The likes of James Thompson or Stefan Struve also get knocked out all the time.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Obviously it is weak, but he is not alone. The likes of James Thompson or Stefan Struve also get knocked out all the time.
    You forgot Overoid

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Agreed. And the thing you see watching AA get knocked out is either him running into punches (always a disaster) or moving back with his hands nearly at his waist. His chin isn't great but his defense might be the larger issue in the B league.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

The difference between AA and those guys is clearly his skill level and the fact he is a former champion.

I would humbly tell AA that I love what he's capable of doing on offense but the proof of his weak chin can be seen in the fact that every opponent he faces knows that if they touch it with any power, he's done. Datsik must have really done some damage all those years ago.

I just find it's a shame he's all but forgotten his sambo techniques.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information