+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Fury still wants Cain fight - but only if there's no wrestling

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Yes but he talks shit about fighters that he knows he will never ever fight. (Mirko and Big Nog are 2 examples of that)
    If there is one thing Sonnen has proved in his career it is he will fight anyone the UFC puts infront of him. Trust me if the UFC wanted to make Sonnen v. Big Nog, Sonnen would sign the dotted line. It was not too long ago people laughed at the idea of Machida v. Sonnen and now it seems like that is a possiblity down the line.

    Fury on the other hand will never step into the Octagon. Even if the UFC offered him millions of dollars he would not fight Cain.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    I am supposed to be somewhere???
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    If there is one thing Sonnen has proved in his career it is he will fight anyone the UFC puts infront of him. Trust me if the UFC wanted to make Sonnen v. Big Nog, Sonnen would sign the dotted line. It was not too long ago people laughed at the idea of Machida v. Sonnen and now it seems like that is a possiblity down the line.

    Fury on the other hand will never step into the Octagon. Even if the UFC offered him millions of dollars he would not fight Cain.
    TO that point if Dana said "Chael, we have a huge payday for you. Main event. MGM, against SASQUATCH..."
    Chael's reaction wouldl be "I get a cut of the PPV for this right?"

    H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,546

    Default

    Sonnen has an extreme hunger to be champion. You don't have to like him, but you have to recognize that he wants to be champ so bad that it hurts. He isn't just about a pay day. The risky ridiculous fights he tries to create are, in my opinion, to hurry up (for lack of a better term) his title shots. He bumped up a weight class because he probably wasn't getting another shot at Anderson for years if ever. He could promote the crap out of a fight against lesser fighters, and people would still pay to see him, but he wants the best he can get (with the exception of Wanderlei). The man likes his cash, but he wants to have some gold.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Sonnen has an extreme hunger to be champion. You don't have to like him, but you have to recognize that he wants to be champ so bad that it hurts. He isn't just about a pay day. The risky ridiculous fights he tries to create are, in my opinion, to hurry up (for lack of a better term) his title shots. He bumped up a weight class because he probably wasn't getting another shot at Anderson for years if ever. He could promote the crap out of a fight against lesser fighters, and people would still pay to see him, but he wants the best he can get (with the exception of Wanderlei). The man likes his cash, but he wants to have some gold.
    Welp, if he wants a title he better give Bellator a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,546

    Default

    I think he could be champ in the UFC. The thing about him is, that due to his all in wrestling style, he looks dominant when he wins, and awful when he loses. He can beat Anderson Silva, and call me crazy but I am not sure if he could beat Jon Jones or not. He immediately got put on the defensive against Bones, and we never got to see if he could take Bones down. If he could take Bones down, then who knows. All that fight proved to me is that Bones is capable of taking Sonnen down. To me it was like two knockout artists facing off, and one KOing the other in the first minute. It proves the winner can beat the loser, but it doesn't prove the loser can't beat the winner. If Sonnen can take Bones down, he probably wins 10%-15% of their fights. I think Sonnen would handle the guy Bones is defending the title against. Hell I'll go as far as to say that if he can beat Rashad then he is the 2nd best wrestling based LHW in the world.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!


  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,227

    Default

    On a side note, how does every discussion on this forum become about Sonnen?
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    On a side note, how does every discussion on this forum become about Sonnen?
    I'll take the blame for that one, my fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,546

    Default

    Somebody needs to make a Sonnen thread where we do not mention him just to balance it out.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Muskoka, ON
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    I was thinking about this, if Fury doesn't want wrestling does that mean ju-jitsu is still allowed? Cain could just do a jj takedown and play jj on top only? Or is Fury saying he wants only standup.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

    RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

    classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

    HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •