Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Frankie Edgar, B.J. Penn selected as 'TUF 19' coaches, will meet at 145 pounds

Now... what kind of demons are those? The "I was being lazy and didn't prepare myself and didnt give a crap" kind?? or "I'm so full of myself that just by jumping out of a pool is enough to be ready for a fight" kind?
    I love BJ Penn... but c'mon, motivation is not exactly his strong suit.

White: Penn facing 'Liddell' situation
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/20...Fighter-19-TUF

White was asked "Is it safe to say that this is his last shot if he can't beat Frankie this time around? Will it be a Chuck Liddell situation?" The UFC president answered both questions with a resigned "Yes."

The reference to Liddell points back to the fact that White essentially forced Liddell into retirement in 2010.

Edgar reveals TUF coaching staffing

While Frankie would not reveal much about what went on behind the scenes of the show, he did announce his staff of coaches that helped him out. "I brought the guys I work with every day and believe in. I brought in Mark Henry, Ricardo Almeida, Renzo Gracie, Anderson Franca, and some of my teammates, Marlon Moraes, Edson Barboza, and Akira Corassani, so I just brought the guys I work with on a daily basis."

Well shit
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

I think it's cool he brought in The World's Strongest Man to help out

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I think it's cool he brought in The World's Strongest Man to help out

I didn't give a crap about this fight until I heard BJ Penn might be inducted into the Hall of Pain.

Somebody gonna get they ass kicked, I suppose.
    Somebody gonna get they wings clipped, even.

Frankie wins via worlds strongest slam

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

i dont see how the Penn situation is anything close to the Chuck situation. Its not like BJ is getting KTFO when he sneezes like Liddell was towards the end of his career. Has BJ been beat up in his last couple fights? Sure, but the same can now be said about GSP in his last couple fights and you dont see dana saying anything about forcing GSP out.

If BJ still has fights on his contract a promoter shouldnt be allowed to stop a person from making a living.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    i dont see how the Penn situation is anything close to the Chuck situation. Its not like BJ is getting KTFO when he sneezes like Liddell was towards the end of his career. Has BJ been beat up in his last couple fights? Sure, but the same can now be said about GSP in his last couple fights and you dont see dana saying anything about forcing GSP out.

If BJ still has fights on his contract a promoter shouldnt be allowed to stop a person from making a living.
    I dont think it had to do with Dana thinking BJ lost his chin.

BJ would be left with little options to remain competitive if he loses this fight to Edgar at 145. BJ would not be making a title run at 145, 155 or 170 at any time in the near future so it would be hard to justify the cost to the UFC, the degradation of BJ legacy or the health risks for a guaranteed HOF'er. Lets not forget, BJ has taken some beating in the recent years also.

Thread Information