Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glover Teixeira would fight another contender if Jones and Gustafsson rematch

I would love to see him fight for the Title next but if not, why not the winner of Rashad/Cheal? OR Hendo/Belfort winner. All 4 of those fighters, if they win would look like a great #1 contender match opportunity.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Spain215 View Post
    Scrap DC and Nelson and tell Dan he has 2 months to make 205 and put him vs Glover.
    I'm down for that.. aha This fight has no right taking place..
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

I don't know what his stance is on fighting Lil Nog, but either that or Davis works best.

IMO, looking at the LHW division and its overall depth, I think he's earned the shot, especially since we can't really tell where Cormier stands at LHW. I was somewhat surprised they booked Shogun against Te Huna if Dana isn't giving next dibs to Glover, since a Shogun/Teixeira matchup would've really done wonders to build his name prior to the shot. Hell, if they really wanted to book another fight to solidify Glover, why the hell not pull Sonnen/Evans and do Glover/Evans, which would again, solidify him against the top tier and if he loses, put up a still strong Rashad.

My bet would be Phil Davis, but I don't really see Phil offering too much to Glover or a retaining Jones for that matter.

If it wouldn't be against Davis it would be pointless. Honestly he is stepping in line infront of Davis but the UFC has never made sense when it comes to title shots anyway.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I have been quite on this issue but where the hell does beating Ryan Bader earn you a title shot? Glover hasnt beat anyone to earn a shot I dont care how long his win streak is! Te huna Maldanado and Bader really? God damn Tito put Bader away. He should fight Davis and atleast earn a shot, damn UFC title shots becoming more of a Joke

O come on Bader was undefeated then and that was before Tito put him away

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulForPeace View Post
    O come on Bader was undefeated then and that was before Tito put him away
    Bader was undefeated because he wasn't fighting anyone even close to the top 10.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Bader was undefeated because he wasn't fighting anyone even close to the top 10.

rh
    Two wrongs don't make a right lol

9. Default

Dont fret fanboys... I completely understand your reluctance to have Glover fight Jones.. The longer Tex has to fight other people, the longer Jones gets to keep his title, right?

Thread Information