Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travis Browne vs. Stipe Miocic targeted for December UFC event

Default Travis Browne vs. Stipe Miocic targeted for December UFC event

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...mber-ufc-event

A heavyweight bout between Travis Browne (15-1-1 MMA, 6-1-1 UFC) and Stipe Miocic (10-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) could be part of a December UFC card.

The potential matchup, revealed on Wednesday's edition of "UFC Tonight," could take place at either UFC on FOX 9 or UFC 168, though nothing has been finalized.

UFC on FOX 9 airs Dec. 14 on FOX from Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, Calif. UFC 168 airs Dec. 28 on pay-per-view from MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Browne is ranked No. 7 and Miocic No. 11 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA heavyweight rankings.

decent fight, i was thinking Browne would face barnett next but this works as well

I was hoping Browne would get a step up, but this could be a decent fight. Barnett would have been interesting

I think this is a solid matchup. I actually look forward to this fight.

Hmm. I think this is a step back for Browne, although I really do like Stipe.
    I don't see this ending well for Miocic.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    decent fight, i was thinking Browne would face barnett next but this works as well
    Barnett would have definately been an interesting fight.. I bet the UFC wants to build up both guys a bit more and create more hype while the JDS Cain triology plays out. Hard to say what happens til that fight is done due to Cormier.

So who does Barnett fight next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Pretty sweet match up. I think both of these guys could use a little more seasoning before facing the elite-tier HW.

I could make a case for either guy. Stipe's recent performance against Big Country showed us he has the accuracy and ambition to make Travis pay if he gets off to a slow start like he usually does. I know that Reem hits hard, but he went berserk and didn't really pick his shots. Stipe looks to be well coached and probably wouldn't make that mistake.

Travis showed that he's a tough SOB, and if he can catch a beating from Reem and still finish the fight, then you can never count him out. Stipe struggled against taller competition (Struve) and so maybe Travis' height and reach would pose a problem.

On the ground, Stipe looks to be the more athletic fighter, and has a wrestling pedigree. Maybe the ground game gives Stipe an option if he gets in trouble with the stand up.

Lame. Browne has deserved a step up. Barnett would have been good but maybe Barnett could fight Werdum now?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    So who does Barnett fight next?
    Werdum or the loser of Cain vs JDS?

Thread Information