+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: $5 million most UFC athlete made for one bout

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    So you're talking about them fighting in a sanctioned MMA bout, NOT a real fight.
    Yes I was but I would pick her in a real fight too.

His hands are just too fast she shoots for a takedown I guarantee she eats a mean uppercut on the way in.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine2878 View Post
    His hands are just too fast she shoots for a takedown I guarantee she eats a mean uppercut on the way in.
    absolutely retarded statement

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    It will continue to decline while MMA surges. That much is apparent.
    Mayweather just broke all kinds of records fighting someone the general public had never heard of.

Boxing's "decline" is a bit of an exaggeration, as is "MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world."

MMA isn't even a mainstream sport yet. It's got tons of issues to resolve before it becomes a mainstream standard, and with too many egos grabbing for dollars instead of trying to build the quality of the sport itself, it's unlikely to progress much beyond the mediocrity unified rules currently represents.

Boxing may decline, but it will be a LOOOOOOONG time before MMA catches up.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    She wouldn't be able to touch him.
    well, we already know Floyd has no problem with hitting women.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    absolutely retarded statement
    How is that a retarded statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I didn't say that she would school him every time or evem most times, but it could happen, and it could happen more often than most think. I've got a bias towards grappling for sure, but I don't think I'm being ridiculous when I say great grappling beats best striking sometimes.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

7. 09-27-2013, 07:45 PM

How the fuck did we get to Rhonda vs Mayweather in this thread??? Damn and I thought I was bad about going off topic

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Mayweather just broke all kinds of records fighting someone the general public had never heard of.

Boxing's "decline" is a bit of an exaggeration, as is "MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world."

MMA isn't even a mainstream sport yet. It's got tons of issues to resolve before it becomes a mainstream standard, and with too many egos grabbing for dollars instead of trying to build the quality of the sport itself, it's unlikely to progress much beyond the mediocrity unified rules currently represents.

Boxing may decline, but it will be a LOOOOOOONG time before MMA catches up.

rh
    You can count on 1 hand the number of boxers who can beat a typical UFC PPV's buyrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    You can count on 1 hand the number of boxers who can beat a typical UFC PPV's buyrates.
    ah...but that handful will make up the bulk of the UFC's numbers for the whole year.

zuffa is still chasing numbers that boxing hit 10 years ago.

Don't get me wrong...boxing has had cancer for the last few decades, but even so, it's a force to be reckoned with. It's not going anywhere.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information