+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: $5 million most UFC athlete made for one bout

  1. #41
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    So you're talking about them fighting in a sanctioned MMA bout, NOT a real fight.
    Yes I was but I would pick her in a real fight too.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    His hands are just too fast she shoots for a takedown I guarantee she eats a mean uppercut on the way in.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine2878 View Post
    His hands are just too fast she shoots for a takedown I guarantee she eats a mean uppercut on the way in.
    absolutely retarded statement

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    It will continue to decline while MMA surges. That much is apparent.
    Mayweather just broke all kinds of records fighting someone the general public had never heard of.

    Boxing's "decline" is a bit of an exaggeration, as is "MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world."

    MMA isn't even a mainstream sport yet. It's got tons of issues to resolve before it becomes a mainstream standard, and with too many egos grabbing for dollars instead of trying to build the quality of the sport itself, it's unlikely to progress much beyond the mediocrity unified rules currently represents.

    Boxing may decline, but it will be a LOOOOOOONG time before MMA catches up.

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    She wouldn't be able to touch him.
    well, we already know Floyd has no problem with hitting women.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    absolutely retarded statement
    How is that a retarded statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  6. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,535

    Default

    I didn't say that she would school him every time or evem most times, but it could happen, and it could happen more often than most think. I've got a bias towards grappling for sure, but I don't think I'm being ridiculous when I say great grappling beats best striking sometimes.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!


  7. 09-27-2013, 07:45 PM


  8. #47

    Default

    How the fuck did we get to Rhonda vs Mayweather in this thread??? Damn and I thought I was bad about going off topic

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Mayweather just broke all kinds of records fighting someone the general public had never heard of.

    Boxing's "decline" is a bit of an exaggeration, as is "MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world."

    MMA isn't even a mainstream sport yet. It's got tons of issues to resolve before it becomes a mainstream standard, and with too many egos grabbing for dollars instead of trying to build the quality of the sport itself, it's unlikely to progress much beyond the mediocrity unified rules currently represents.

    Boxing may decline, but it will be a LOOOOOOONG time before MMA catches up.

    rh
    You can count on 1 hand the number of boxers who can beat a typical UFC PPV's buyrates.

  10. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    You can count on 1 hand the number of boxers who can beat a typical UFC PPV's buyrates.
    ah...but that handful will make up the bulk of the UFC's numbers for the whole year.

    zuffa is still chasing numbers that boxing hit 10 years ago.

    Don't get me wrong...boxing has had cancer for the last few decades, but even so, it's a force to be reckoned with. It's not going anywhere.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •