+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dana White: Nick Diaz just isn't interested in fighting right now

Default Dana White: Nick Diaz just isn't interested in fighting right now

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/12...ting-right-now

"Nick's obviously still on the roster," UFC President Dana White said on Thursday's FOXSports Google Hangout. "He's still an active fighter here in the UFC, but as far as I know, he's just not interested in fighting right now."

Diaz has competed just once thus far in 2013, losing a lopsided unanimous decision to UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre at UFC 158. Though the matchmaking for the bout drew initial criticism, St-Pierre vs. Diaz ultimately gathered the year's highest UFC pay-per-view buyrate, easily besting the next two closest contenders, UFC 159 and UFC 162, by a wide margin.

In White's eyes, the significant payday Diaz received from the event could be one of the main reasons Diaz remains on the sidelines.

"When Nick finally fought Georges St-Pierre, Nick Diaz made some money. So Nick Diaz has some kickback money," White said. "He can probably take as long as he wants to fight again. I would assume that's why (he's not fighting).

"You're fighting to make a living, you're fighting to pay your bills, you're fighting to get things that you want out of life. And with the money that Nick Diaz made in his last fight, I'm sure he's got everything he wants right now."

And ya know what? That's fine. Peace be the journey you crazy stoner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

The fans just aren't interested in Nick Diaz fighting right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    The fans just aren't interested in Nick Diaz fighting right now.
    obviously diaz ain't gonna capture the throne, but to say that no one isn't interested in nick diaz fighting is ridiculous. diaz is an exciting fighter and always prepares to go balls to the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by FE_EatsChildren View Post
    obviously diaz ain't gonna capture the throne, but to say that no one isn't interested in nick diaz fighting is ridiculous. diaz is an exciting fighter and always prepares to go balls to the wall.
    I was a being a smart ass. But surprisingly haven't missed him too much since he's been gone.

what happened at his event he promoted? i heard nothing about it other than it was going to be a pay what you feel event streamed...

Hopefully Nick comes back soon.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Missed watching him fight but haven't missed listening to him talk or seeing his antics.

9. Default

Over-rated, over-hyped, over-paid.. Im over Diaz. If he never fights again, that's fine with me. Id like it even more if I never had to hear about him again.

Nick Diaz vs Matt Riddle

for a bag of weed and some nachos.

make it happen!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information