Thread: Silva distances himself from Steven Seagal ahead of UFC 168

Default Silva distances himself from Steven Seagal ahead of UFC 168

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/12/47...aining-ufc-168

In an recent interview, Silva set the record straight about how much coaching he truly has received from Seagal:

"[Steven] Segal is good man -- no coach -- no train me -- is a good man -- is a good person, that's it."

Hmm, seems like a small step backward from the claims made by Seagal prior that he had been teaching Silva the art of Ashi Sabaki, claims that Demian Maia and Bas Rutten, among others, called bullshit.

Silva attempted to set the record straight once and for all ... sorta:

"Yeah -- I trained the front kick for a long time. I start to train mixed martial arts a long time ago. Segal showed me the movement, the little movement -- but I working hard for this kick my whole life."

It surprises me how some people actually believed that Seagal teached him that kick. I mean, that is one of the first kicks any Martial Arts academy teaches you.
    Seagal is fatass, a B level actor and a good Aikido practitioner. In MMA he has nothing to do.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    It surprises me how some people actually believed that Seagal teached him that kick. I mean, that is one of the first kicks any Martial Arts academy teaches you.
    Seagal is fatass, a B level actor and a good Aikido practitioner. In MMA he has nothing to do.

I take exception with what you say, Seagal is a 'C' level actor at best.

No, I don't believe it. Steven Seagal is not only the greatest actor of all time, he is solely responsible for ALL of Anderson Silva's success. The only way that Anderson is widely considered to be the greatest mixed martial artist is because he was following instructions from the great and powerful star of blockbuster hits like Hard to Kill, On Deadly Ground, and The Glimmer Man. The only reason Silva lost his title is because he stopped listening to his sensei.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information