Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LA AC bans breast implants

Default LA AC bans breast implants

Louisiana AC bans breast implants
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...east-implants/

However, a first of its kind emergency rule passed on Wed by Louisiana State Boxing and Wrestling Commission is, in keeping with the character of the state, more colorful that most - a six month moratorium was placed on on MMA fighters and boxers who have breast implants.

The Commission passed an emergency rule today prohibiting fighters with breast implants from participating in matches, unless they get clearance from the doctors who performed their plastic surgery.

"If they want to look good, then they don't have to be in the ring," said commissioner Harold Williams during a meeting at the Louisiana State Capitol.

The moratorium is in place for at least 60 days, while the commission gathers more information about other states' regulations of the matter. They are considering placing a blanket ban on fighters with breast implants altogether, or making the affected participants sign a waiver before participating.

A female fighter in the state recently pulled out of a scheduled match because of a problem with her breast implant, said vice chairman Buddy Embanato. He and several other commissioners are concerned about who would be financially responsible if a breast implant ruptured during competition.

Thomas Ferguson, a doctor on the commission, said a ruptured breast implant doesn't usually pose a serious health risk to the owner, but the required repairs are costly.

"Those redo surgeries are more complicated and expensive," he said.

The commission didn't know of any other state that has such a ban in place, though some states require fighters with implants to sign a waiver.

The new rule could have an impact on two or three female fights that have already been scheduled. Embanato said he wasn't sure if any of the women - outside of the one who has already pulled out of a fight because of problems - had breast implants.

Ferguson thought it was unlikely that a doctor who performed breast augmentations would sign off on a woman fighting.

"I don't know of a single plastic surgeon who is going to allow his artistic work to be messed up," he said.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1072-300x225.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	602

"I don't know of a single plastic surgeon who is going to allow his artistic work to be messed up," he said.
    I had no idea fake tits were considered artistic work. I suppose I should keep an open mind about art.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    I had no idea fake tits were considered artistic work. I suppose I should keep an open mind about art.
    Yes, they're definitely works of art junior.

p.s. - Girls don't have cooties.

Misogyny towards female fighters.... in the South? I cannot believe it!!

So banning implants also means banning transgendered fighters, such as, Falon Fox. Unless they can get a doctors approval of course.

This is begging for a lawsuit from someone who has had a mastectomy.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Yes, they're definitely works of art junior.

p.s. - Girls don't have cooties.
    Girls with fake tits have cooties
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Then I do too....damnit.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

The title is misleading, it's not an outright ban, it's a 60 day moratorium.
    "Iím the man of the hour, too sweet to be sour. What you see is what you get and what you donít is better yet. Iím the womenís pick, Iím the menís regret and if you pick against Chael Sonnen you made a bad bet." - Chael Sonnen

"The only thing I'd bet against Chael Sonnen about is whether or not he's clean." - LoRd pYrO

Thread Information