Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LA AC bans breast implants

I have no issue with this. People in the country are lawsuit happy. If something happend and one of those things burst during a fight there is no telling who would be at fault according to the courts. The way I understand it the ban can be gotten around by a waiver and they are working towards making sure they or the org putting on the fight is not liable.

So much for a Gina Carano Comeback..........fucking Louisiana Politicians.......
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

3. Default

"I don't know of a single plastic surgeon who is going to allow his artistic work to be messed up," he said.
    What about people who've had nose jobs or any other kind of plastic surgery?

^How long before this poor bastard needs a waiver from his plastic surgeon before he can fight...?
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Yet, it is the only state to have done so.
    All regulations are created because one person saw something that they thought required action and took it. Not sure why you want to make a conspiracy out of it.
    You know why people have eyes in the front? Because they have to move forward to see the landscape in the distance. If you had eyes in back all you could see is your home town getting farther away; you can't move forward like that. If your eyes are in front what you see in the distance keeps getting closer. That's what lets people move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    What about people who've had nose jobs or any other kind of plastic surgery?
    Something to think about anyway. I would think normal types of reconstructive surgery do not have the same kind of potential issues as a fluid/gel filled bag. If it became trendy to have softball sized testicles, I am sure the athletic commission would have every justification to examine the particular issue while ignoring other "plastic" surgeries.

I think they made the right move here. A moratorium is not a ban, and is generally used to gain time to understand an issue. There is nothing misogynistic about it. They had an incident where a fighter had problem with an implant and had to pull out. They decided to take a closer look at the issue. My guess is that they will adopt a waiver system like other states.

Thread Information