Thread: Andrei Arlovski Talks Kyle Fight, Injured Jaw and the Future

Hybrid View

Default Andrei Arlovski Talks Kyle Fight, Injured Jaw and the Future

http://www.bjpenn.com/world-series-o...+NEWS+BLOGS%29

After his victory over both Mike Kyle and early adversity, Andrei Arlovski showed fans that he could not only take a punch, but he can come back and outwork an in-shape power puncher. Arlovski out-boxed Mike Kyle in the main event of there World Series of Fighting 5 main event bout.

After his bout with Kyle, I caught up with Arlovski for a quick word before he retreated to the dressing room to enjoy his victory with his camp.

Adam Conklin: Iíve never seen you come in out of shape for a fight, but coming in as a late replacement, is there anything that you wish you had more time to do in your training?

Andrei Arlovski: Oh definitely, more time is sometimes better, and after my jaw surgery I was out for 8 weeks and six weeks I started to do some conditioning and after 10 weeks I started a full sparring camp. Iím sure it wasnít enough time and like I mentioned before, I have a lot to work on at the gym. Iím happy Iím still young and I have a lot of time and a lot of energy and this is most important to me.

AC: Did any strikes that you received tonight bring up pain from your jaw injury/surgery from back in March after the WSOF 2 main event against Anthony Johnson?

AA: No, the surgery [was] fine. My biggest test was when I sparred with Jon Jones. He landed a good left hand and a high left kick right on my jaw. Actually, Mike Kyle landed some good right hands too.

AC: Were you surprised Mike Kyle didnít go for more takedowns after you used your jab so effectively?

AA: Back a few years ago I train[ed] with Mike Kyle on old team at AKA. I thought he might look for some takedowns, but yeah, I was prepared for this. But after like, the middle of [the] second round, he tried to do something like a single, against the cage, but I was confident.

AC: Do you feel like you executed everything in your gameplan that you set up with Greg Jackson?

AA: (Laughs), No, again, this my problem I didnít follow 100% and actually my cornermen yelled something during the fight. Iím happy, you know.

AC: Now youíre looking for a rematch with Anthony Johnson?

AA: I would love to.
    - See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/world-series-o....01CqoNU3.dpuf

2. Default

AA is knowen as a excellent MMA boxer( note MMA boxer) So if Kyle didn't mix it up and left it a straight stand up it should of been a easy time for AA. I didn't watch the fight waiting to read what some of you have to say on it

Well he got knocked down twice and recovered and put on a good fight.
    But I actually thought that judges would give the victory to Kyle.

Indeed Arlovski is a very good boxer for MMA, it is a shame that sometimes it looks that it is everything he has.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    But I actually thought that judges would give the victory to Kyle.
    Agreed, although I had it going to Arlovski. Sure, Kyle got the couple knock downs but Arlovski recovered well and controlled most of the fight.

Indeed Arlovski is a very good boxer for MMA, it is a shame that sometimes it looks that it is everything he has.
    Again, I agree with you. It's very easy to forget that he has a strong background in sambo when he never uses anything other than his boxing. If he would mix it up like I'm sure he's capable of doing, I could almost see him getting back to UFC calibre.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information