Thread: TJ Grant Withdraws From Title Bout with Anthony Pettis

Default TJ Grant Withdraws From Title Bout with Anthony Pettis

http://www.bjpenn.com/tj-grant-withd...nthony-pettis/

TJ Grant was recently placed back on his title hunt which was first derailed in the weeks leading up to his scheduled fight with former UFC lightweight champion, Benson Henderson, dropping out of the fight due to a concussion sustained in training camp.
    Anthony Pettis stepped in for Grant at UFC 164 and defeated Henderson by armbar in the first round.
    Grant was then given a shot at the title once more, this time, against the man who replaced him and took a title that could have become his own. The bout was supposed to take place at UFC on FOX 9 as the main event on December 14th in Sacramento California.
    Unfortunately, Grant stated on his official Twitter late Monday night, that he will be forced to withdraw from the bout citing a lingering injury.
    Here is the series of tweets Grant sent out (read from the bottom up):

No word yet on who the UFC is going with, as Grant stated.
    Anthony Pettis will now await a new challenger in the seemingly plagued lightweight title picture. Pettis will apparently still fight on that Sacramento card which takes place at the Sleep Train Arena on December 14th on Fox Sports 1.

- See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/tj-grant-withd....bFVhsIjy.dpuf

Shitty deal for TJ. Heal up and represent for Canada.

That sucks!
    I guess now Aldo makes the most sense to move up. Everyone else would seem to be coming out of nowhere. Josh Thomson is probably the only other one I can think of. He had much more hype right after the Diaz TKO, but that has died down 4 months later.

Terrible streak of bad luck for this guy. I really thought he'd be a decent challenge for Pettis, with Grant applying a lot of pressure. Hope he gets better soon.

Well fuck. I hope Grant can heal up quick.

I guess a champion vs. champion bout with Aldo/Pettis is too tempting to pass up on.

I've been hearing that those concussion issues have been lingering for some time now and was surprised to hear him even announced for a title shot, as I'd heard he was still dealing with it. Really pulling for him to get better.

:'(

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    That sucks!
    I guess now Aldo makes the most sense to move up. Everyone else would seem to be coming out of nowhere. Josh Thomson is probably the only other one I can think of. He had much more hype right after the Diaz TKO, but that has died down 4 months later.
    Annnnd yer absolutely right. Fights on.

Man, it must really suck to be Pat Healy right about now coming off the NC due to the failed drug test, you gotta think that'd have been his shot with the win over Miller otherwise.
    Last edited by Fedorlei Gomipierre; 09-17-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Thread Information