Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pettis vs Thomson at UFC on Fox 9

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Neither did TJ Grant.....
    True enough, in the states, TJ did not have the hype.

Up here in Canada, TJ Grant is the man, the next LW champ!

Probably so.....but Thomson is beloved in Cali and California alone has more people than Canada....

(Just busting balls here)
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thomson is from NorCal though, so that should help the live gate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Anthony Pettis on Josh Thomson: 'I know what he can bring to the fight'
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/17...fox-9-mma-news
    "I already expected that Thomson would get the shot," Pettis told MMAFighting.com through his jiu-jitsu coach Diego Moraes. "I know TJ would've been a tough fight, and I feel for him, but I will be prepared (for Thomson)."

Both Grant and Thomson have finished the majority of their fights via submission, but Pettis expects a stand-up battle against Thomson.

"It's a different game, but he's a striker so it's a good match-up for us," he said. "We've trained jiu-jitsu together once in Hawaii, so I know what he can bring to the fight."

As soon as Grant announced on Twitter that he was unable to compete on December, fans started asking for UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo to take his place at UFC on FOX 9’s main event.

Pettis still wants that fight to happen, but he didn’t expect the Brazilian to take the call.

"I don't think the UFC would stop both divisions," he said, "but this fight will definitely happen. Everybody wants this fight."

Good fight to look forward to
    [CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

Hope that Thomson can stay healthy. His mobility and versatility will be the key to making this a good fight.

where is everyone to complain that thomson is only on a one fight win streak, and bash the ufc/dana white/match making and everything else? And why not bypass Melendez vs Sanchez (a fight that makes zero sense rankings wise) and bump Gil up to the title fight. He has pull in cali, some fans from his fight with Bendo which some thought he won - would have made more sense to me.

But at the end of the day Pettis finishes him, hes just a different kind of animal imo.

I'd say TKO'ing Nate Diaz, losing a razor thin split to Melendez and beating Noons equates to being a solid contender to step in at LW when you look at the picture. Melendez is locked in, Maynard and Diaz are locked in, and Henderson just lost.

I see your point about moving Melendez up but he did just lose in his title shot.

Personally, I'd say that Thomson's TKO'ing Diaz is probably the most impressive thing to happen at LW aside from Pettis's armbar and Grant's KO of Maynard in quite some time.

What about Rafael dos Anjos? 5 fight win streak, just got done dominating Cerrone. If anybody got passed over, I'd say it was him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't stand listening to Jon Anik and Florian say the J over and over and over......

Thread Information