Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones: Cormier is a big hater of mine

Default Jones: Cormier is a big hater of mine

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...hater-of-mine/
    UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones fights Alexander Gustafsson on Saturday at UFC 165 in Toronto. If he beats Gustafsson, he is looking next at Glover Teixeira, with Daniel Cormier perhaps next in line. Jones does not seem to like what he sees very much.

Glover was damned with faint praise.

"I thought he showed signs of being a high-level fighter," said Jones recently. "I don't think he's ready to beat me. I thought he showed signs, being punched that hard by Bader shows me where he's at. No matter what your excuse is, it still happened. If you're a seasoned vet and you said you allowed overconfidence to be your weakness, it's still a weakness you allowed to happen in the first place. If you have a great opponent and great understanding, then you won't rush into a guy like Ryan Bader who is obviously going to swing big, looping punches at you. I don't think he's the guy who's going to beat me."

Cormier was pretty much just damned.

"To be honest with you, I don't think Daniel Cormier really deserves a big fight," said Jones. "I don't respect him as a person. I think fighting me would be an opportunity of a lifetime for him. I don't think I have much to gain from beating Daniel Cormier because no one knows who he is, and he hasn't really proved much."

"He seems to really not like me and be a big hater of mine. It's sad, considering we're both African-American and there's not many of us in the sport. We should try to find a common bond. We don't need to be friends, but we should at least respect each other. It's pathetic that me and Rashad have such a bad relationship and me and Daniel have such a bad relationship."

Jones encouraged by, not jealous of FMJ payday
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...of-FMJ-payday/
    Floyd Mayweather Jr. was famously guaranteed $40.5 fighting Canelo Alvarez Saturday night, and may make as much as $100,000,000. Unflattering comparisions have been drawn between the FMJ's pay and that of the top fighters in MMA. However, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones however was and encourage, not jealous.

"It's ridiculous," said Jones recently, adding "in a good way."

"His swagger, his work ethic shined through. It's great to see a champion show his heart and his winning ways. It's great to see a champion get what he deserves. That really, really encourages me."

"Boxing has been around over 100 years. The foundation is set and the money is there. MMA is so new. You can't just expect to be paid, if we're going to be paid $40 million, what is the UFC going to make? Floyd is his own production. We're a fairly new sport. I'm grateful for the money I make. As a 26-year-old I could never imagine being in this position."

"I don't think money is the key to life, or happiness. Would it be nice? It would be great to be paid the way other athletes will be paid. Doing my part, paydays closer to that, hopefully I'll be the guy to get us there through hard work, longevity.

"Doing something you love, to make millions of dollar of doing it, it's an honor. I don't want to come off ungrateful. I'm happy. I'm extremely happy. ... Hopefully we get there, hopefully I"m the one who gets us there. I'm not going to judge my happiness on someone else's accomplishments."
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 09-17-2013 at 03:48 AM.

It's pathetic that me and Rashad have such a bad relationship and me and Daniel have such a bad relationship."
    *Hmmmm, so what is the common denominator here Jon?

It's pathetic that me and Rashad have such a bad relationship and me and Daniel have such a bad relationship."
    Anybody else see the common pattern in that statement.

If Jones beats Goose, I'd honestly like to see him make the move to HW.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    *Hmmmm, so what is the common denominator here Jon?

Goddamnit Cat...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Goddamnit Cat...

Great minds, Kevo. Great minds.

Jon Jones tells Chael Sonnen that Dan Henderson won't be getting a title shot ... unless it's in a parking lot
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/17/47...arking-lot-mma
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 09-17-2013 at 03:58 AM.

....I have so many comments to make about the race comment that I dont even know where to begin.

Every time I hear something Jones has said, I think "he can't possibly say anything more stupid than that."

And then damnit if he doesn't come out and do exactly that with his next interview.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

there is not bottom of the barrel for the "jon jones stupid statements".
    It is an endless abyss.

H.
    (spoiler: there will be several stupid statements from jon this weekend both pre and post fight)
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

So, to summarize:

"I'm awesome. Everyone should be honored to fight me. Teixeira isn't worthy of my greatness. I'm black and other black folks should like me because I'm black; not hate me because I'm an arrogant dickhead."
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I really enjoyed the Chael/JBJ interview.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

I agree with the Glover part. Overconfident is no excuse. Bader was pretty much having his way with Glover (the same guy who got finished by Tito and was gonna get 'destroyed by Glover).

Glover is too slow, has suspect cardio and has yet to beat a top 5 fighter anyway.

The black talk is just fuckin stupid. Him and Cormier should stfu about eachother until they fight (if they even do).

Thread Information