Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jones: Cormier is a big hater of mine

He is very arrogant but sadly he is right about Teixeira. He will not be the one to beat Jones.

He seems to really not like me and be a big hater of mine. It's sad, considering we're both African-American and there's not many of us in the sport.
    That must be one of the most stupid statements ever made in sports history.
    Explication is no needed I think.

I don't think money is the key to life, or happiness
    I wonder if he would say the same thing if he gets paid 10,000 bucks per fight.
    He is not making 40 millions per fight but still he is making huge huge amounts of money and basically he can buy anything he wants. In that position it is very easy to say stuff like "Money is not that important, or money is not the key to happiness"
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

2. Default

I think this is offically the first time Ive seen someone pull the race card on this forum that wasnt trolldawg.

I think the smartest thing they could do would be to just sew his mouth shut. Greg Jackson should smack him every time he starts speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    So, to summarize:

"I'm awesome. Everyone should be honored to fight me. Teixeira isn't worthy of my greatness. I'm black and other black folks should like me because I'm black; not hate me because I'm an arrogant dickhead."
    Yeah, that's how I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I wonder if he would say the same thing if he gets paid 10,000 bucks per fight.
    He is not making 40 millions per fight but still he is making huge huge amounts of money and basically he can buy anything he wants. In that position it is very easy to say stuff like "Money is not that important, or money is not the key to happiness"
    Doesn't that put him in the perfect position to say that money doesn't buy happiness? .. Seeing that he has a shit ton of it to actually put it to the test. He doesn't say it's not important, in fact I think he says it would be nice to make more, just that it isn't the key to being happy.

Money may not be the only key to happiness, but it plays a huge huge role.
    Most of the things that make you happy, you can not have them or conserve them without money.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Bones is everything I hate in the world, which is sad because he is an American wrestler, and at one point so was I. He doesn't have to be not a douche, but he should at least be less of a douche so that he is tolerable. Us American Wrestlers need to stick together. #haters #yolo #selfie
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

JJ supports segregation!

Dana White on UFC 165's Jon Jones: 'I think it's something about his personality that people don’t like'

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/19/47...-dont-like-mma

Not according to UFC President Dana White (via Telegraph):

"I think Jon Jones is one of those guys that gets a bad rap from everybody else too [like Mayweather] saying he's too big for that division, he doesn't deserve to be there, he should be in the f***** heavyweight division. If the guy makes 205 he's a light heavyweight, okay? And all the criticism on how big he is... well now he's fighting a guy who's just as big as him, and has great stand up, has the reach, the leg reach, all the things that people have said that Jones always has over his opponents, this guy's gonna have too. Which makes it very interesting. Jon Jones comes off as a heel because people don't like him. For whatever reason people don't like him, you know I don't think it's a black or a white thing. I think it's something about his personality that people don't like."

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    I agree with the Glover part. Overconfident is no excuse. Bader was pretty much having his way with Glover (the same guy who got finished by Tito and was gonna get 'destroyed by Glover).

Glover is too slow, has suspect cardio and has yet to beat a top 5 fighter anyway.

The black talk is just fuckin stupid. Him and Cormier should stfu about eachother until they fight (if they even do).
    cormier is trying to talk his way into relevancy in terms of the LHW title picture and it is working...jones is an idiot for acknowledging him.

i agree glover is very overrated it seems as if the MMA community is trying so hard to find the next brazilian start that they are over hyping the shit out of guys like glvoer and barboza.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Dana White on UFC 165's Jon Jones: 'I think it's something about his personality that people don’t like'

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/19/47...-dont-like-mma
    Yea he's fighting a guy who's reach has always been listed as 76.5" but not it magically is 81.25. Gotta love how pathetic they are at trying to sell this fight just by size (that ain't even true) instead of skills (which Gus lacks).

The fight will most likely look like Gus vs Davis. Jones will sub him quick. They skipped giving Gus a solid wrestler so Jones can look like the almighty destroyer stopping his streak and then stopping Texeira's as well.

Thread Information