Thread: Josh Barnett vs. Travis Browne Set for December's UFC 168 Event

Default Josh Barnett vs. Travis Browne Set for December's UFC 168 Event

Josh Barnett vs. Travis Browne Set for December's UFC 168 Event

A key heavyweight matchup has been added to the UFC's traditional year-end event as Josh Barnett meets Travis Browne.

The booking was first reported by the Las Vgeas Review-Journal and subsequently confirmed by UFC officials.

Featuring two heavily anticipated title fights with middleweight champ Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva and women's bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate, UFC 168 takes place Dec. 18 at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Barnett (33-6 MMA, 5-1 UFC) currently sits at No. 5 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA heavyweight rankings, while Browne (15-1-1 MMA, 6-1-1 UFC) is just behind at No. 7.

Barnett is a former UFC heavyweight champion who earned the belt in 2002 with a win over Randy Couture. A subsequent failed drug test saw Barnett lose the belt, and he went on to fight in Japan for the next several years.

Barnett returned to the UFC in August, earning a first-round submission win over Frank Mir. Barnett is now 10-1 in his past 11 overall appearances.

Meanwhile, Browne also fought in August, earning the biggest win of his career to date with a first-round stoppage of former Strikeforce heavyweight champ Alistair Overeem. The lone blemish on Browne's career mark came in a disappointing first-round loss to Antonio Silva in October 2012, but he's since bounced back with wins over Overeem and Gabriel Gonzaga.
    I thought Travis was supposed to fight Stipe. I think he gets chewed up by Josh.

Submission win over Mir........

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Suisse drunk I'm having the funsies people not like my crazy
    someone should take my phone when I'm drunk.

Nice #1 contender fight. Winner should get winner of Werdum vs JDS/Cain
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

I love it. Browne is the real deal but I see Barnett winning this by submission.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Great fight, I got War Master by submission.

Browne is a helluva athlete, but he tends to throw some silly flying stuff that puts him off-kilter and Barnett is cagey as fuck. I'll take Barnett's superior technique and experience in this one, but if Browne brings a tight gameplan, it'll be close.

Browne's not coming out of this fight with a W or a minimal medical suspension.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Barnett by catch wrestling 101

Thread Information