Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jon Jones wants to box a Klitschko

Jones has been doing a crazy amount of media this week(rather poorly in my estimation) and has said more than a few doofus comments(the CJ Ross paid/on drugs comment was dumb), so this this doesn't break the top 3. His appearance on SportsNation the other day made him look like a smug prick and couple that with his comments towards potential upcoming challengers(Cormier, Glover) and Goose, he's been so aloof and dismissive, as though he wasn't going to even remotely try to sell the fight and possible future fights.

Jones is the main face of mainstream MMA going forward, but he hasn't done nearly enough to entice mainstream, casual fans to buy his PPV main event. Go back and watch a couple of his interviews, he's like, "Yeah, Gustufsson's big and I've heard all the stuff about his striking, but he's only beaten one top ten". Wow, that'll really make people want to buy the PPV to see a guy fight Jones, who already has minimal exposure, with Jones' nonchalant attitude. I'm not saying he has to go into super kayfabe Chael mode to hype a fight, but a little media training to at least make the fight sound interesting and worthy of purchasing isn't too much to ask.

I'm neither a Jones fan or hater, but I haven't been impressed with him this week.

I wonder what he would be more successful at...boxing a klitschko or acting....hmmm, tough one to choose....

Quote Originally Posted by Renny View Post
    I wonder what he would be more successful at...boxing a klitschko or acting....hmmm, tough one to choose....
    Or as a runway model?

I hope the day comes soon where here wants to try his hand at Heavyweight or that DC actually goes to 205 and earns a shot, either one will shut him up. I do not believe he is an elite talent skill wise. He is a really good wrestler with the absolute perfect body type/size for 205. Rashad is better than him at everything from a skill standpoint.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I hope the day comes soon where here wants to try his hand at Heavyweight or that DC actually goes to 205 and earns a shot, either one will shut him up. I do not believe he is an elite talent skill wise. He is a really good wrestler with the absolute perfect body type/size for 205. Rashad is better than him at everything from a skill standpoint.
    Exactly.

His real talent is his wrestling. Everything else is a benefit off his size and/or his wrestling. I've said it many time and I'll say it again. He will not make Top 5 at HW, hell maybe not even top 10.

Somebody like Lavar Johnson would of gave him problems imo because he doesn't deal well with opponents coming at him (I.E. running from Rampage once in range)

If Jones boxed a Klitschko, he would never get an acting job because his face would be pounded into hamburger. It's one thing to try your hand at boxing, but to challenge an elite HW boxer, the greatest of this recent era anyway, is just crazy. It's not the same as Anderson challenging a washed-up Roy Jones. Silva has actually boxed a few times, and has over 40 muay thai/kickboxing matches.
    Last edited by earle; 09-20-2013 at 08:23 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Joe Rogan: Jon Jones is ‘kidding himself’ if he thinks he can box with Wladimir Klitschko
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/24/47...hko-boxing-mma
    And when asked by TMZ if "Bones" would have a remote chance against the current WBA, IBO, WBO, IBF and The Ring Heavyweight Champion, Rogan was as blunt as he could be.

His answer:

"No, no, no. I think anybody who thinks they can box with one of the very best boxers the heavyweight division has ever seen, without being just a professional boxer for a long period of time, is kind of kidding themselves, or is just the type of person who is a real achiever who likes to set very, very high goals for himself and like maybe have a milestone that he likes to put up there as a possible thing he can have his ambitions set on. But, I don't think it's a good idea. Wladimir Klitschko hasn't lost in a decade and he's been fighting all of the best heavyweight boxers in the world."

Jones is really delusional if he thinks he can box with any Top 20 pro boxer, let alone Klitschko.
    Gustafsson landed tons of shots, imagine what a pro boxer would do to him.

Maybe he was beating some sparring partners and was doing doing a very good job hitting pads, his coaches were telling him that he had the level of a professional high level boxer and he believed that BS so he claimed that he would like to box against the Klitschkos LOL
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information