Thread: Silva: Super fights are 'perfect bullsh*t'

Hybrid View

Default Silva: Super fights are 'perfect bullsh*t'

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...rfect-bullsht/

Speaking at Lions Pride Gym in London, the former middleweight champion said that any superfight denies other fighters the chance to come up.

"My opinion - the people always say ‘superfight, superfight’ but where are the chances for the new guys to come?

"I’m ready for fight for Jon Jones, Georges St Pierre but in my academy, Minatouro, Glover and the other fighters in this class for Jon Jones. George St Pierre is a different class. I have my problems in my class.

"Yeah it’s good for business but is no good for the other’s guy fight. I go to fight Georges St Pierre, he cuts up, I cut down. I finish the fight. I go to fight Jon Jones, I finish the fight. Who’s next? No have! My opinion, this is perfect bullshit."

He seriously thinks that he would finish Jon Jones??

Jon Jones would do to Anderson the same thing that Chael did in the first fight, with the exception that Jones would throw elbows that would damage very badly Anderson and he would not get submitted.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I think he just meant finished as in it's done and over.That was my interpretation.I respect and agree with his point here.
    Last edited by jody; 09-18-2013 at 07:24 AM.

4. Default

^2nd that

Now that Anderson isn't tying up the belt I'm more for a fight with Jones now than before.

Oh what the hell already! You finishing Jones and GSP is the whole point (or whoever finishing whatever dominant fighters near their weight)...to cement a fact of being the best in the world and best ever while the time is right and it can happen! That's why people want superfights. Minatauro has had his chance and still would. Glover isn't going anywhere.

Thread Information