+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Joe Lauzon and Mac Danzig Agree to UFC on Fox 9 Lightweight Bout

Default Joe Lauzon and Mac Danzig Agree to UFC on Fox 9 Lightweight Bout

Joe Lauzon and Mac Danzig Agree to UFC on Fox 9 Lightweight Bout

Joe Lauzon and Mac Danzig have verbally agreed to square off at UFC on Fox 9 on Dec. 14 at the Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, Calif.

UFC officials announced the bout on Tuesday.

Danzig and Lauzon are two of the more popular lightweights in the UFC, but while both are typically exciting, crowd-pleasing fighters, neither has fully realized his potential.

Danzig (21-11-1) made his way to the Octagon by winning the sixth season of The Ultimate Fighter.

His overall UFC record now stands at 5-7, though, which includes losing his last two fights. Melvin Guillard knocked Danzig out in July, which followed a Fight of the Night performance in a split decision loss to Takanori Gomi.

Lauzon (22-9) also enters this fight coming off of back-to-back decision losses to Michael Johnson and Jim Miller.

Lauzon maintains a 9-6 record in the Octagon, racking up 12 post-fight bonus awards, which is a record he shares with former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

I'm going to be really sad if joe loses this one. I mean i like Danzig, but Joe really needs a win here and Danzig is a pretty far step down from what he has been facing.

I like danzig and hope he wins. but if he loses, hes definitely getting cut.

I'm really surprised by this matchup. Joe takes this one, one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I'm really surprised by this matchup. Joe takes this one, one way or the other.
    Not so sure. He looked like absolute dog crap against Johnson.

Im pulling for Mac on this one.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information