Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Condit vs. Matt Brown added to UFC on FOX 9 in Sacramento

Default Carlos Condit vs. Matt Brown added to UFC on FOX 9 in Sacramento

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...-in-sacramento

Former UFC interim welterweight champion Carlos Condit (29-7 MMA, 6-3 UFC) has gotten his wish: a fight with fellow contender Matt Brown (18-11 MMA, 11-5 UFC).

UFC officials today annnounced the bout, which takes place at UFC on FOX 9.

UFC on FOX 9 takes place Dec. 14 at Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, Calif. The main card airs on FOX following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook. Condit vs. Brown is likely to be part of the main card.

Condit recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio he'd like to fight the surging Brown.

"He's been on a tear, and it'd be really exciting for the fans," Condit said.

Condit is ranked No. 3 and Brown is No. 9 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA welterweight rankings.

dimerules28 Guest

As long as condit doesnt fight like he did against Diaz... This should be a great fight no matter how long it lasts.

Ballsy move by Condit, to take a fight with someone outside the top 10. Good on him though, should be an entertaining scrap. But oh man, what an opportunity for Mike Brown. If he wins this fight, he HAS to get a title shot right?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I thought Brown was fighting Saffeidine?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

dimerules28 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Ballsy move by Condit, to take a fight with someone outside the top 10. Good on him though, should be an entertaining scrap. But oh man, what an opportunity for Mike Brown. If he wins this fight, he HAS to get a title shot right?
    Definetly... Mike Brown has been on a tear since moving to 170.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I thought Brown was fighting Saffeidine?
    I thought they would do Saffedine vs Condit and Brown vs. Kampmann.

I don't think Saffedine is medically cleared to fight yet, that's why they did this one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with this. I like this fight and I'd rather see Kampmann vs Saffiedine.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I haven't done rankings or looked at any rankings recently, but intuitively I think Brown would be on the fringes of the top 10. Do you not think so?
    Also, if he ISN'T top 10, then why would he get a title shot with a win?

I think with a win either of these guys would be on the short list for title shots. I'd say both would be one more win away, but it also depends on how the Rory vs Lawler and Maia vs Shields fights play out. Unfortunately it also matter how the GSP vs Hendricks fight turns out, because if GSP wins Rory may not fight him, and if Hendricks wins GSP might get a bullshit auto rematch.

Either way HUGE matchup at 170. My (metaphorical) money and hopes are on Condit.

I haven't done rankings or looked at any rankings recently, but intuitively I think Brown would be on the fringes of the top 10. Do you not think so?
    Also, if he ISN'T top 10, then why would he get a title shot with a win?

I think with a win either of these guys would be on the short list for title shots. I'd say both would be one more win away, but it also depends on how the Rory vs Lawler and Maia vs Shields fights play out. Unfortunately it also matter how the GSP vs Hendricks fight turns out, because if GSP wins Rory may not fight him, and if Hendricks wins GSP might get a bullshit auto rematch.

Either way HUGE matchup at 170. My (metaphorical) money and hopes are on Condit.
    I have Matt Brown in the 11-15 range, UFC rankings have him as #10. Would Matt Brown get a title shot with a win? I think winning 7 in a row and beating the #3 WW in the world is good enough. Or it'll at least give him a #1 contender fight against the winner of the previous fights you mentioned. But who knows with the way the UFC gives title shots.

Thread Information