Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carlos Condit vs. Matt Brown added to UFC on FOX 9 in Sacramento

I world change my stance on him immediately if he beat condit.

However, this will be a clinic where condit takes a looping, plodding scrapper to school until his face is mush. Brown clearly has a punchers chance and could capitalize on a scramble or trip etc but this is a mismatch IMO. Technically speaking, brown is limited but incredibly tough. Conversely, condit is equally tough but technically superior in every aspect.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I LOVE this fight, I said the winner of Condit/Kampmann should fight Brown and I'm really glad they did that and put this fight on, Matt Brown deserves his shot and if he beats Condit, I think no doubt he deserves a title shot.

That being said, Condit is my pick to win. Carlos Condit is just a better version of Matt Brown, with a much better ground and grappling and submission game. Both have Granite Chins, great KO power and diverse striking on both ends but Condit has the experience edge against the biggest names.

As determined as Matt Brown is, I can't help but think Condit wants this more. A guy coming off 6 straight wins with good hype and amazing confidence ready to walk through you, no game plan really (Brown).. vs a guy who is bitter and wants revenge and wants the title, with a GOOD GAMEPLAN..Greg Jackson no doubt will have a game-plan to technically win this for Condit I think.

I love both guys and have been fans of theirs from the beginning but this is going to be one hell of a fight, and either way it will have a great finish. Can't wait for this one.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Goddamn I really don't think this is going to go well for Brown.

Condit is just so technically well-rounded that I don't see a specific hole where Brown can take this(outside of the previous mentioned puncher's chance), since it isn't as though Brown's going to go in there and try to wrestle Carlos, since Brown's submission defence is so poor and Condit's groundgame is so good.

This has potential massacre written all over it, although I have Condit taking this with a short-order submission with two left on the clock in the first...

I wondered if this was going to happen, and it did thanks to Condit talking about it.

I would not be upset in the least if Brown got a title shot if he beat Condit.

EDIT: His run reminds me of Mark Hunt's actually. Both guys were essentially lucky to have jobs before their win streaks and both have/had racked up impressive wins. Hunt's momentum came to a halt by way of a JDS kick. I'm kinda hoping to see Brown pull it out somehow. It'd be a hell of a feat if he did.
    Last edited by CA_Gas Bag; 09-19-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Matt Brown by murder! (I hope)
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

This is it.....my man Killa B got destoyed, so no I have a new dark horse favorite. I'm just hoping Matt Brown can graduate to the next level and make a statement. But against Condit? Condit is a man who almost beat GSP, he's nobody's easy fight.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information