+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Joe Warren meets Nick Kirk in Bellator 101 headliner, Kongo-Godbeer moved

Default Joe Warren meets Nick Kirk in Bellator 101 headliner, Kongo-Godbeer moved

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...-godbeer-moved

Joe Warren was cleared to fight earlier this week, and Bellator will waste no time getting the former champion back to work.

Warren (8-3 MMA, 6-2 BMMA) will meet Nick Kirk (10-2 MMA, 0-2 BMMA) in a bantamweight tournament semifinal fight to headline next week's Bellator 101 event. Promotion officials made the announcement late Friday.

Bellator 101 takes place Sept. 27 at The Moda Center at Rose Quarter (formerly known as Rose Garden) in Portland. The five-fight main card, which features four opening-round fights in the Season 9 lightweight tournament, will air on Spike TV following prelims on Spike.com.

With Warren-Kirk taking the main-event position at Bellator 101, the previously planned heavyweight tournament semifinal fight between former UFC standout Cheick Kongo and Mark Godbeer will move to Bellator 102, which takes place Oct. 4 at Visalia Convention Center in California.

Kongo tweeted that news on Friday, including a hashtag of "#notmychoice."

Bellator adds Bronzoulis-Riggs 'Fight Master' final to PPV prelims
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...to-ppv-prelims

The delayed tournament final of Bellator MMA's first reality show season has a home on the promotion's first pay-per-view.

Mike Bronzoulis (15-5-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) will meet Joe Riggs (39-14 MMA, 0-1 BMMA) on the preliminary card of Bellator 106, the company's inaugural pay-per-view event. Promotion officials announced the date late Friday.

Bellator 106 takes place Nov. 2 at Long Beach Arena in California. The main card, featuring a main event between former UFC champs Quinton Jackson and Tito Ortiz, making their Bellator debuts, plus three title fights, airs on pay-per-view. The Bronzoulis-Riggs fight will be part of a preliminary card on Spike TV, the promotion's broadcast partner.

Little concerned about Warren come back so soon after being diagnosed with another concussion, given the massacre he took at the hands of Curran due to ref incompetence. Good to see Nathan Coy on the undercard, he's a very good fighter IMO. Awad/Stapleton should be really fun too.

Hey FG, who's this Nick Kirk cat, can he put Warren's lights out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

No.

He's a body to help rebuild Warren for the 135 title.

That's what I figured. I read somewhere they were planning on giving Warren a big push. Make him one of the faces of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    That's what I figured. I read somewhere they were planning on giving Warren a big push. Make him one of the faces of the company.
    That was Middle Easy's "Sunday Morning Rumour Mill", BFC is pretty fucking clownshoes right now, especially with Clementi, Alessio and Davis in the BFC LW tourney, given how they don't want to be seen as a UFC-castaways league.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information