Thread: Danny Castillo meets Edson Barboza at UFC on FOX 9 in Sacramento

Default Danny Castillo meets Edson Barboza at UFC on FOX 9 in Sacramento

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...-in-sacramento

The UFC continues to stack its return to California's state capital with hometown fan favorites.

In an intriguing lightweight bout, Danny Castillo (16-5 MMA, 6-2 UFC) will meet Edson Barboza (12-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) at UFC on FOX 9 in December. UFC officials announced the fight booking late Wednesday night.

UFC on FOX 9 takes place Dec. 14 at Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, Calif. The main card airs on FOX following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook. The placement of the Castillo-Barboza bout is not yet known, but it is likely to serve on the preliminary card.

I dont think Castillo has the skills to keep this fight on the ground meaning I see this to be nothing but a stand up battle in which Castillo will get owned.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

interesting clash of one of the most underrated fighters in the divsion in castillo vs by far the most overrated in barboza.

I dont find Barboza overrated at all do you find JDS over rated? same shit happened there as to what happened with Varner.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Thread Information