Thread: Michael Johnson vs. Gleison Tibau lightweight bout set for UFC 168

Default Michael Johnson vs. Gleison Tibau lightweight bout set for UFC 168

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...8-in-las-vegas

The UFC's year-end card in Las Vegas continues to shape itself up with the addition of a lightweight fight to the card.

Michael Johnson (13-8 MMA, 5-4 UFC) will meet Gleison Tibau (28-9 MMA, 13-7 UFC) at UFC 168 in December. UFC officials announced the new fight booking Wednesday night.

Featuring two heavily anticipated title fights with middleweight champ Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva and women's bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate, UFC 168 takes place Dec. 18 at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena.

The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook. Johnson vs. Tibau is likely to be part of the preliminary card.

Nasty fight. I really want Johnson to win, but I feel like Tibau will sub him.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Nasty fight. I really want Johnson to win, but I feel like Tibau will sub him.
    I'm kind of going the other way with this. I want Tibau to win AND I think he will submit him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I think Johnson could have the footwork to make Tibau's grinding gameplan difficult to execute. However, Johnson hasn't consistently shown that level of skill and success so it's a tossup for me as to how he shows up.

Tibau is the true litmus test for REAL LWs, Johnson has been inconsistent but fighting Tibau will really show where he stands in the division and whether or not the Lauzon victory was a sign of things to come.

IMO, Tibau clinches with him in the first half of each round, then takes Johnson down, GNPs him for the second half while working for a sub and gets a 29-28 decision after slowing down in the third. If Johnson can ride his bike and avoid the takedowns, he can take this, Gleison's just so monsterous and suffocating when he fights his style, that I have a hard time betting against him.

Thread Information