Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Cormier to file formal complaint if Roy Nelson rocks Hillbilly beard in Housto

He's right, the big beard is why Kimbo Slice was such a dominant MMA superstar...oh shit wait, Kimbo kind of sucked..

It's why Mike Beltran doesn't compete. It'd be an unfair advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

So if people who sucked had that thing then it's not an advantage??? I'm sure there have been plenty of roided up shitty fighters, but they suck so roids aren't an advantage.

If having a beard is an advantage, it is an incredibly minor one, but if DC thinks it is one then why not complain? I wouldn't, but it's not me. It is more than likely just a mind game. I don't view it as being any worse than asking a guy to do additional drug tests.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

4. Default

To anyone who thinks a beard would give an unfair advantage....

you're right.

Fuck! I wish I could grow a beard.

The portly power-puncher told UFC Tonight that if a beard is capable of providing an "unfair advantage," then Cormier "should have had a beard when he failed in the Olympics in 2008 and 2004."
    ROY For the Win!
    What an awesome below the belt statement. I love it.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagmadov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I know it sounds gay as fuck but its actually true. As humans the hair we grow on our bodies acts as a protection against scrathes and abrassions.

A trimmed beard wouldnt make much difference but a thick matt of hair (thats grown over a year and is the same fiber as nails) definatley provides a (very small) layer of impact absorbsion.

Imagine taping some house insulation to your face. .. Why do you think so many mma fightershave thick beards now days?

Small advantage but advantage nontheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    I know it sounds gay as fuck but its actually true. As humans the hair we grow on our bodies acts as a protection against scrathes and abrassions.

A trimmed beard wouldnt make much difference but a thick matt of hair (thats grown over a year and is the same fiber as nails) definatley provides a (very small) layer of impact absorbsion.

Imagine taping some house insulation to your face. .. Why do you think so many mma fightershave thick beards now days?

Small advantage but advantage nontheless.
    Everyone should be completely shaven so it's fairest! Also, no popcorn for anyone.

There are two kinds of men in this world: Those who grow beards and those that wish they could grow a beard. It's a commitment, a lifestyle choice. Either go full beard or don't go at all. With great beard comes great responsibility. Etc, etc, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Some sports actually don't allow facial hair. I know I couldn't have facial hair when I wrestled, and believe me, my awkward 16 year old self couldn't grow anything to be proud of, but I still had to get rid of it. The first time I ever shaved in my life was because a ref wouldn't let me wrestle otherwise.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Thread Information