+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Daniel Cormier to file formal complaint if Roy Nelson rocks Hillbilly beard in Housto

Think there's bugs in that thing? Like, I look at it, and I just picture all sorts of deer ticks and fleas and shit. Daniel Cormier is gonna get fuckin Lyme Disease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Man, used to like Cormier, but I have never heard such a yappy fighter in my life. Talking shit about Jones, complaining about Nelson's beard.

Just because its big doesn't mean it's nasty... I mean... One can wash a beard... I mean, it might nasty... But it's not inherently nasty just because it exists. He might have all sorts of beard shampoos and brushes and shit. Where's that interview? I want to know more about his beard, and his beards hygiene.

The beard abides
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-beard-abides/

Cormier took it the authorities, petitioning the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, which will be regulating UFC 166, to do something about the beard. However, as reported on “UFC Tonight” the Texas commission responded that they don't regulate facial hygiene.

So Saturday night, Roy Nelson is free to sport the beard proudly, and Daniel Cormier is free to punch it.

For his part, when asked how the planned to win, Nelson's stated concern was Cormier hugging.

"There's a couple different ways," said Nelson. "I think the biggest thing is don't let him hug me. Don't let him push me up against the cage and just do a boring, ugly fight and piss the fans off. I think that's the biggest thing you don't want to do is piss the fans off because they are the ones that pay the bills."

UFC 166's Daniel Cormier on Beardgate: There's nothing we can do
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...hing-we-can-do
    "The thing about the beard is it doesn't seem to be well-kept, so I'm going to request that there's a rubber band in it and that it comes straight down," Cormier said this past month. "Also, I'm going to ask that they put his hair in two plaits off to the side. Part it down the middle, plait it on the sides. I don't want it all in my face."

Unfortunately, he said he had no recourse for such a request with Texas' governing body.

"There is no law or rule against his beard, so he can wear it as long as he wants it," Cormier said. " ... He can go out there looking like a grizzly bear if he wants."

Cormier figured it was a long shot, anyway, and he even said he wasn't necessarily determined to get the commission to act on his request. Instead, he suggested he simply wanted to tweak his opponent.

"I was going to make him (trim or braid it) if they let me, but they didn't," he said. "Initially it was a joke. I kind of thought to myself, a lot of fans really like Roy. Roy's a good guy to like. He's cool. He has the beard. He's a little heavier. People like Roy. So they got offended by it."

And that got Cormier thinking. He admits that Nelson's unkempt look is probably bad for a sport that's still trying to earn respect, and he does worry that Nelson's mane could become a distraction, especially if they hit the mat in Saturday's bout. However, Cormier then realized "Beardgate" was a perfect opportunity to unleash some psychological warfare, especially based on the reaction of Nelson's fans.

"If it offends them so much, what is it going to do with the guy with the actual beard?" Cormier said. "So then I started trying to go after his beard. But it's truly not that big of a deal. I don't really care all that much, but why not mess with him if I can?"
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 10-17-2013 at 09:55 AM.

I really hope Roy wins, just incase he comes up with comedic gold in the post fight interview about this. Even if having a beard is an advantage, how big of an advantage can it really be? Also, if you don't want another man's hair rubbing up on you, you might want to either change your fighting tactics or pursue another career that doesn't involve getting touched by other men.
    You have to know what you don't know.

wouldnt having a beard make it more difficult to get out of chokes? i think having a bear is a disadvantage cormier should stfu for once.

If and when Cormier wins this fight, he should shave Roy's beard in the middle of the ring Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake style.

What we've got here is,failure to communicate.Some men you just can't reach.

I'd probably grow a bigger,smellier beard to level the playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Try not to be an idiot for just 10 minutes. Go back and read what I wrote.

The "other guy" just said "Fuck DC." That was the sum total of his post. No other explanation, not even support for his statement. Couple that with the fact that 90% of his posts are useless, idiotic bullshit just like that, and he doesn't get any credit that would avoid a warning for fighter bashing.

It's not a matter of me being sensitive, it's about you generally sucking-but-still-getting-to-post-here, and then posting something that not only sucks even by the horrible standard you generally set, but actually violates a forum rule.

don't fighter bash, don't violate any other rules, and you're free to continue to lower the mean IQ around here with every character you type.
    I have a question RH. Is not hypocritical to warn/ban/discipline a member for fighter bashing and then turn around member bash?

So we aren't allowed to fighter bash when a fighter is being an idiot and making dumb statements (or in this case, a ridiculous request) but it is okay for you to member bash for fighter bashing, and/or being an idiot and making dumb statements(you know, the same reason why members bash fighters). LOL, wow.

You are no better than the rest of us RH, so why don't you climb down off that horse you power tripping, hypocritical asshole that takes the title "forum moderator" way to serious.

Go right ahead and ban me for flaming you, I don't care. Ban this username and I will make another, ban my IP address and I will TOR browser to change my IP. You don't have any real power RH, you can't stop me, or anyone, from coming here.
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."
    — Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by XxChAoS32xX View Post
    Go right ahead and ban me for flaming you, I don't care. Ban this username and I will make another, ban my IP address and I will TOR browser to change my IP. You don't have any real power RH, you can't stop me, or anyone, from coming here.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information