Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: White wants Rich Franklin to retire

Ever wonder how dana would react if one of his fighters stated publically that he's outlived his usefulness to zuffa and that it was time for him to step down as UFC president?

That would probably be hilarious.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Hey Riv, instead of banning people will you start calling for their retirement from posting? Please!
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

I'm semi retired from the forum. I keep wanting just one more post though. So I can go out on a win.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

Lorenzo Fertitta > Dana White

Any fighter > Dana White
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Any fighter > Dana White
    War Machine < Dana White

Mentioning War Machine reminded me of his surprise mouth full of semen story, and the questions that went along with that. I then laughed, thanks Snigs.

8. Default

It was a comment and many other fighters that DW said should retire got more fights. In Riches case he has something between his ears so he should be able to run his own bussiness very well. I would enjoy seeing Rich as a spokesmen for the UFC maybe even do reffing. If theres strippers miz I might freqent a juice bar

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I hate that Dana basically calls for this stuff, and it becomes so or if it doesn't then the fighter in question is permanently labeled as washed up, and a health risk. You know if Rich ever gets tko/ko'ed again then Dana will be "worried about his safety as his friend because he loves the guy". Rich has been alternating wins in losses for awhile now, he he only been knocked out twice over the last several years, he took pretty much zero actual damage in his loss to Forrest, so why decide for him that he needs to retire? Why throw an employee under the bus like that? It has never been Danas place to do that, it never will be, and sometimes he is just plain wrong about it anyways. Hey Dana, if you really care about the guy talk to him in private, if he still wants to keep going then stop giving him top guys since you apparently don't think he can hang anymore, or release him. You won't do that though because he has name value so you'll throw him in against more elite, very dangerous fighter, and then wine about how he needs to listen to you about retiring. When great baseball players start to suck they eventually get benched or sent to the minors, and that's the way it should be. When a top level athete is no longer top level they should have to take a step back in competition to see where they belong in the big picture. It's just like Mir and Overeem, there is no reason they should be fighting a do or die fight. They are both top talent that has lost to top talent, they should both be fighting lesser talent to see if they should drop to the next tier. It has never made sense to me why the UFC will cut the let's say #12 guy because he lost 3 fights to the #7, #9, & #11 guy while the #28 guy still has a job. How does that work? If you are going to employee 50 people then you should be employing the 50 best you can not keeping the 48th best because on some days he is a little better than the 47th best but on some days he is a little worse than the 49th best, while at the same time you are firing a top 15 guy because he will never be better than aNY of your top 10 guys. It doesn't, and never has, made a damn bit of sense to me.
    Why dana does this publicly and not private as you suggested is for the fact of the name vaule of these old school classic fighter (which you pointed out). Media response is huge. We get to talkin bout it. Dana gives rich another fight saying it could be his last. It may sell more which dana sleeps counting dollar signs but then maybe he does genuinely cares bout richs saftey and health. But on a side note I imagine what dana would say if rich wins in decisive fashion? Maybe then ita not time for rich to hang them them up

So you think guys would be in on a plan that means that they get constantly badgered about retiring, and it would get even worse if they lost their next fight. Rich hasn't been getting knocked out right and left, so there is no reason to think that he is more likely than anyone else to get a serious injury. I think Dana says things like this because he is constantly spouting off, and once it's out there he sticks to it because he is arrogant and stubborn. There is a small chance that it is a marketing ploy that is unknown to the fighter, but I doubt that. I do not think he cares about Rich.

Thread Information