Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cris Cyborg: ‘The UFC Protects Ronda Rousey

Folks can throw around their one-liners and BS that feeds into the agenda but I personally think it's hilarious that people are willing to sit back and be fed this BS that Rousey is the greatest women's fighter in the world and some sort of pioneer/ambassador of the sport. Meanwhile, the UFC is feeding you HORRIBLE recycled matchups with Tate and company and pretending like they matter.

The only fight that matters in WMMA is Rousey vs. Cyborg until someone else establishes some true dominance and fans should be demanding it.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Qball, tell me I'm wrong! Tell me that you believe the UFC would make a womens division where there was a good chance that the champ wouldn't be able to be marketed as eye candy! Go ahead!
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Folks can throw around their one-liners and BS that feeds into the agenda but I personally think it's hilarious that people are willing to sit back and be fed this BS that Rousey is the greatest women's fighter in the world and some sort of pioneer/ambassador of the sport. Meanwhile, the UFC is feeding you HORRIBLE recycled matchups with Tate and company and pretending like they matter.

The only fight that matters in WMMA is Rousey vs. Cyborg until someone else establishes some true dominance and fans should be demanding it.

People like to ignore that Ronda left the weight class to fight for the title in the smaller division instead of facing Cyborg. They rather Cyborg drop down in hopes that she'd probably lose some advantages. Ronda didn't want the fight then and she doesn't now. I'm really tired of the subject tbh. We will probably never see this fight happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    The UFC will create another womens division the exact second that a hot girl with any talent can't make the current weight class.
    So in other words; when Gina Carano is ready to come back to MMA?
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

They will not make a new division just for a beutiful face. They need someone who talks shit, who has posed nude or has done something so people will get interested in watching her fight.

Ronda Rousey is not that beautiful. Her body is nice, but there are many female fighters way more beautiful than her.
    She got the UFC contract because she talked so much shit and has that aura of "The girl that finishes everyone by armbar in very few minutes". Well and obviously because more than likely, she shared bed with Dana White.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Personally, I really believe the UFC protects Rousey, she's a moneymaker and a publicity dream and they're going to run with her for as long as they can, which undoubtedly means less-than top challengers.

IMO, that's why she got Zigano to begin with as her next opponent and then, Tate as her replacement, over say a superfight with Cyborg or the awesome Sara McMann(both of whom I believe beat Rousey). Also, take into mind that Zuffa didn't go out of their way to bring in Coenen, who would've been a stellar challenger, despite that Golden Glory heat. I appreciate that they have to build the division and Rousey is the far better ambassador for WMMA than Tranderlei Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post

maybe the fans don't want to see a roided up woman beat the shit out of a possibly not roided up woman.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Tranderlei Silva.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Well, Manderlei Silva felt too lowbrow.

Maybe he should cut his penis off. That'd be a half a pound right there.

Too far?

Thread Information