Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TUF 18: Rousey/Tate Discussion

Default TUF 18: Rousey/Tate Discussion

The Ultimate Fighter 18: Team Rousey vs. Team Zingano will air on Fox Sports 1 starting September 4th

UFC president Dana White confirmed that the next season of The Ultimate Fighter will air on Fox Sports 1 in September, ending a three season run on FX. TUF 18 will be coached by women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey and Cat Zingano, who defeated Miesha Tate by TKO earlier in the evening to clinch both the coaching slot and a title shot.

This news is not particularly surprising, as the original plan was to move all sports programming on FX to the new Fox Sports channels as well as the main Fox network. The only unknown was whether or not TUF would qualify as "entertainment" or strictly "sports". It looks like the answer is "sports", and you can expect to see future seasons of The Ultimate Fighter on Fox Sports 1. The new channel will launch on Saturday, August 17th, with the UFC holding a live event in Boston on launch day.

Update: The new season debuts Wednesday, September 4th at 10 PM ET.

I may watch this stuff only because of Modafferi. I have her on facebook and she is a very cool person. So I definitely will be rooting for her.
    And well, maybe there will be some hot chicks aswell.

I do not care at all about the childish insults and cheap soap opera that Rousey and Tate are going to present.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I may watch this stuff only because of Modafferi. I have her on facebook and she is a very cool person. So I definitely will be rooting for her.
    And well, maybe there will be some hot chicks aswell.

I do not care at all about the childish insults and cheap soap opera that Rousey and Tate are going to present.
    I don't really care for the hype either.

I genuinely enjoy WMMA.

I don't need the cattiness or the drama. Drama is best expelled from one's life. I don't need to live vicariously through others.

Did you hear whether Tara LaRosa made it on the show or not?

I heard she didn't make it on due to the age cutoff of 34.

just heard dana say this is "the biggest coach rivalry in the history of the ufc"

WHAT THE FUCK? tito/shamrock? tito/chuck? rampage/rashad? serra/hughes? gsp/koscheck? the list goes on!

i get hype but he literally throw out all history if it means making a buck there on the spot he annoys the crap out of me sometimes.

anyone watch it last night ??

Hit me up for stream links if necessary.

Happily surprised to see some faces, in the female division, that I was not expecting. Mostly Shayna Baszler from Strikeforce & Invicta, Tara LaRosa, Tonya Evinger, and Roxanne Modafferi from Strikeforce (even though she totally talks in a broken english dialect after spending so much time teaching English in Japan.) Even though half those fighter lost...spoiler.

Should be quite the interesting season. I was actually happily surprised at the level they have improved the show. Usually I will fast forward the first few episodes on my DVR (along with the first 3 episodes of Bellators Fight Masters) , and try to watch it from there when I have time. This time, I actually watched most of the episode. Maybe they wanted to get right into it, to entice people to watch drama filled future episodes. But if they keep this pace, I will become a return viewer, like I did for the first 5 or so seasons. Really, I'm pretty impressed by the production.

Edit: Apparently the new 12:40AM is the new 6:48PM. I did briefly study Ninjitsu, but I'm not this much of a Ninja.

what's was up with all the pride shirts
    "This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between posts. Please try again in 4937 seconds "
    well wtf is that

I was watching some fights on axis tv this weekend and Shayna Baszler was a corner person but she was in a cast so i'm going to go out on a limb and say she get hurt in this first fight coming up.

Well the women looked very good actually. I expected much more from Tara Larose though.
    And there is one of them who is extremely beautiful (I do not remember her name, but she fought in the first fight and won)

Glad that Modafferi won.

As for the males, the first guy (an englishmen, David something) looked very impressive IMO.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information