Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 165: Jones vs Gustafsson

I feel Gustafson won. Whatever. Not the first robbery I've seen.
    "After Overeem lands two knees, Fujita backs into the corner then sheepishly tries sneaking past. Alistair punches him back into the corner and lands a third knee that I swear lights on fucking fire before it impacts.". -cracked version of the climax of Fujita vs Overeem fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid View Post
    I get nervous when I see security guards at Target.

UD? Lol

I am shocked by Gus performance but this just showed what a difference his size makes lol. He gets destroyed at HW

Dunno how that one reject referee gave Goose only one round. At least we can finally put both the P4P AND HW conversations to bed for the time being lol.

Bullshit decision in my opinion. Is it just me or is Jones looking more beatable every fight?
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

5. 09-22-2013, 12:40 AM

BIG-TIME silver-lining here IMO, Goose is the first LHW that people will actually pay to see Jones rematch with down the line. I don't care about seeing Machida or Evans II, but I'd pay to see that again with a couple more wins under Goose's belt.

Really wanted Gus to win but I learned a while back with the Rua/Shogun fights, if you want to beat the champ, you have to dominate him. Going the full duration, the judges lean towards the champ every time. Great fight either way, had me on the edge of my seat!

It all came down to that last round. I think that beautiful spinning elbow in the 4th won Jones the fight, it took so much out of goose going into the 5th. Goose impressed me a lot in this fight, I didn't think he would have much to offer jones, but he was a hair away from winning that fight. I would love to see gus win a few and get another shot at jones, imagine if he won a rematch and they had a third fight.. it would be the most epic rubber match ever. Don't know how likely that is, but a guy can dream lol.

rob_bills Guest

Jones looked like a rabbit in the headlights at the end of that fight. Was Gustaffsons all day, Gus takes the rematch.

I had it scored
    Round 1 Gus
    Round 2 Jones
    Round 3 Gus
    Round 4 Jones
    Round 5 Jones

Fantastic fight!!! Gustoffson was truly a worthy challenger, and his footwork imo is his biggest asset. He busted up Jones worse than Ive ever seen before and almost won. As for Jones, he REALLLLLLLLLYYYYY needs to work on his dirty boxing, and setting up his takedowns with strikes. Say what you want about Jon Jones, but this man has an indomitable will to win and is officially battle tested.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I had it scored
    Round 1 Gus
    Round 2 Jones
    Round 3 Gus
    Round 4 Jones
    Round 5 Jones

Fantastic fight!!! Gustoffson was truly a worthy challenger, and his footwork imo is his biggest asset. He busted up Jones worse than Ive ever seen before and almost won. As for Jones, he REALLLLLLLLLYYYYY needs to work on his dirty boxing, and setting up his takedowns with strikes. Say what you want about Jon Jones, but this man has an indomitable will to win and is officially battle tested.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Thread Information