Thread: UFC 165: Jones vs Gustafsson

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    I had it scored
    Round 1 Gus
    Round 2 Jones
    Round 3 Gus
    Round 4 Jones
    Round 5 Jones

Fantastic fight!!! Gustoffson was truly a worthy challenger, and his footwork imo is his biggest asset. He busted up Jones worse than Ive ever seen before and almost won. As for Jones, he REALLLLLLLLLYYYYY needs to work on his dirty boxing, and setting up his takedowns with strikes. Say what you want about Jon Jones, but this man has an indomitable will to win and is officially battle tested.
    How'd you figure that? Gus took Jones down and controlled the stand up all round.

IMO best Jones could've hoped for in that fight was a draw, Goose won round 1 and 2 easily the 3rd was close but I'm pretty sure it was Goose's. The fourth was close with a clear argument for both fighters the fifth was Bones' fucking judges should pay attention to overall strikes landed, agression and control, fuck that 1 big move wins a round no matter what happens the rest of it.
    "After Overeem lands two knees, Fujita backs into the corner then sheepishly tries sneaking past. Alistair punches him back into the corner and lands a third knee that I swear lights on fucking fire before it impacts.". -cracked version of the climax of Fujita vs Overeem fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid View Post
    I get nervous when I see security guards at Target.

48-47 for Gus. Worst decision since Bendo/Frankie II.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Wow, Unreal judging.. I clearly thought Gus won but was terrified and knew, just knew they would give it to Jones because they can't take his belt away..

Garbage decision, once again.. It was close, but not that close..Come on.. We all watched the same fight and Jones got his ass kicked in round 4, the last 30 seconds he made a good flurry but it doesn't win you the round after getting your face bashed in for 4 and a half minutes.

Round 1 - Gus 10-9.. Close round yes
    Round 2- 10-10 Very close could go either way
    Round 3 - Gus 10-9
    Round 4 - Gus 10-9 .. Gus won, watch this round again if you disagree.
    Round 5 - Jones 10-9 Only clear cut round for Jones.

Gus 49-47. Close but damn, Gus won that fight if anyone.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by somethindarker View Post
    How'd you figure that? Gus took Jones down and controlled the stand up all round.
    The last minute; Jones dominated Gus. Scoring could have gone either way. Either you acknowledge the first 4 or so minutes of Gus clearly winning, and Jones not doing much of anything, or you ignore that and see Jones winning the round via a full minute or so of a full on assault. I'm impartial either way, and only look at this objectively. That 2nd round was the deciding factor (other than for dipshit fucker judge #3), for the results of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The last minute; Jones dominated Gus. Scoring could have gone either way. Either you acknowledge the first 4 or so minutes of Gus clearly winning, and Jones not doing much of anything, or you ignore that and see Jones winning the round via a full minute or so of a full on assault. I'm partial either way, and only look at this objectively. That 2nd round was the deciding factor (other than for dipshit fucker judge #3), for the results of the fight.
    While I scored the 4th for Jones I see where he is coming from. He landed the elbow, which didn't drop him, then he landed the knee and not much else. Gus even defended the takedowns.

I had it 3-2 Gus but it was close. Both men showed amazing spirit and fortitude. Tremendous. In awe.

I think the rematch in Sweden would be epic.

The second rd was the deciding factor imo. With that said, I think its safe to say Jones wrestling is overrated. He couldn't takedown a guy as tall as him till he gassed and got taken down by a guy who is by no means a wrestler. His size is his real 'talent', yet he wants to box a klitscko lol.

Post Fight Press Conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNqjBEnxnQc

Or currently streaming (why not on youtube?):
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/22...nference-video

Edit: Youtube link working but on slight delay from 1st link.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    I had it scored
    Round 1 Gus
    Round 2 Jones
    Round 3 Gus
    Round 4 Jones
    Round 5 Jones

Fantastic fight!!! Gustoffson was truly a worthy challenger, and his footwork imo is his biggest asset. He busted up Jones worse than Ive ever seen before and almost won. As for Jones, he REALLLLLLLLLYYYYY needs to work on his dirty boxing, and setting up his takedowns with strikes. Say what you want about Jon Jones, but this man has an indomitable will to win and is officially battle tested.
    When I put my own bias aside, I kinda foresaw the judges scoring it this way. It was a close fight but i can't call it a robbery. Gus could barely stand under his own power in the fifth round. Jones couldn't walk out of the cage under his own power. Absolute war. Nice to be reminded just how damn good this sport can be now and again. I'll tell you who did win in that fight; The fans! Does this fight replace Stann/Wand for fight of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    The second rd was the deciding factor imo. With that said, I think its safe to say Jones wrestling is overrated. He couldn't takedown a guy as tall as him till he gassed and got taken down by a guy who is by no means a wrestler. His size is his real 'talent', yet he wants to box a klitscko lol.
    Glover explained Jones' takedowns really well after the fight. Jones is great at taking guys down against the cage, if you can use your footwork and keep your back off the cage, then jones is gonna have a hard time getting you down.

Thread Information