Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glover Teixeira Doesn’t Want to Wait Around for a Jones-Gustafsson Rematch

Default Glover Teixeira Doesn’t Want to Wait Around for a Jones-Gustafsson Rematch

http://www.mmaweekly.com/glover-teix...afsson-rematch

“I don’t worry about this stuff,” Teixeira said on the Fox Sports Post-Fight Show. “For sure they’re going to give me another fight, I don’t want to wait for the rematch.

“It is the way it is, I’m not going to say that he doesn’t deserve a rematch. It was a phenomenal fight and we’ll see what happens.”
    “Alex proved that Jon Jones’ wrestling can be stopped. Jon Jones proved he can fight off his back too, and everyone was wondering about that. Now we know what he’s going to do.”

UFC president Dana White is unsure whether the Jones vs. Gustafsson rematch will happen immediately, but if it does, then Teixeira will be given another fight before he gets a crack at the title.

“We’ll give Glover another fight (if it happens),” White said. “I like the idea. I think that that fight was awesome, and I think it was one of those fights that people would love to see again. It would be hard for either one of the fighters not to think they should rematch.”

Lil Nog or Davis, anything else is a waste of time unless they just want him to smash somebody and make himself a bigger name.

I wouldn't be opposed to giving Glover the shot and having Goose fight Lil Nog or Davis for the title shot after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

4. Default

Did I miss something? How in God's name is title shot and Lil Nog in the same sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Did I miss something? How in God's name is title shot and Lil Nog in the same sentence?
    Hendo's tied up with Vitor, Evans is tied up with Sonnen, Machida's going down to MW for the time being and they decided not to feed Shogun to Glover, so all that is left around after Bader is Davis and Lil Nog if they want to keep Glover busy IMO. Unless Cormier can drop to LHW for a #1 contendership fight within 6 to 8 months or so, which is pretty doubtful. Keep in mind, Lil Nog has that SD win over Evans, I don't believe he's a top contender, but to build Glover's resume in the meantime, he's up there and still available...

6. Default

What about Mousasi? They have him ranked at number 8. He can fight either Goose or Glover and it would be entertaining. It's not like Goose and/or Glover need to beat another top 5 opponent to earn their title-shot. One of them can fight Jones, while the other keeps busy fighting Mousasi.
    ------------------

Isn't Mousasi dropping down to MW?

I was wondering the same thing.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Why does it seem like if you have a closeish title fight that there is a re-match right away? I'm not against re-matches and not having seen this fight yet I cannot speak to whether it should happen or not but it just seems to me that this happens quite a lot. I say let Glover get his shot and then if Gus wins his next fight or two then try for the title again.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Gustafsson: You have to finish the champ to take his belt
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-take-his-belt
    During the UFC 165 post show on Fox Sports 2 Gustafsson was the epitome of respect, as he called for an immediate rematch.

“I learned a lot from this fight," said 'The Mauler.' "He’s the champ. To take the belt from the champ you have to finish him. The biggest lesson is I have to push the pace harder. I just did what I thought I could do and it wasn’t enough. I will come back stronger and better. I’m disappointed, but I’m very proud of what I did and my team.”

“I want a rematch right away. But it’s up to the UFC. It’s an honor to fight Jon.”

Thread Information