+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Jones vs Gustafsson fightmetric

Past me and present me both had Frankie beating Aldo.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

Why are ppl even bringing up Aldo vs Edgar in a debate about Jones p4p status? Fanboys try too hard to justify him as number one.

Aldo fights ppl at his size and has wrescked most of them.

Jones fights smaller guys, hell two of his last defenses were against middleweights snd one almost armbarred him lol. Jone faces the first guy his height, still at a reach disadvantage and looks like an amateur striking.

If Aldo and Jones were the same size, Aldo destroys Jones 10 outta 10 times.

I argued the Aldo-Edgar decision because I believe that Edgar is the pound for pound best. Aldo is up there too. I don't think Cain gets enough credit either. He is a small heavyweight, and could still stand to drop a few pounds, but yet he is champ.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

I don't buy those fightmetric stats, or any of them for that matter-completely.

Do they count every kick that Jones landed that was also partially blocked (alot)? Do they count all of Gus's effective jabs as significant strikes?

The live UFC numbers were way different and in favor of Gus. Am I supposed to believe those numbers are wrong and whoever was keeping track just can't count as good as whoever tallies the numbers for fightmetric?

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I argued the Aldo-Edgar decision because I believe that Edgar is the pound for pound best. Aldo is up there too. I don't think Cain gets enough credit either. He is a small heavyweight, and could still stand to drop a few pounds, but yet he is champ.
    Oh I agree about them. Edgar being champ in a division bigger than him and Cain is another animal. I'd take any of them over Jones if they were at the same size (Cain regardless tho)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information