Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dominick Cruz on Renan Barao: “I Can Trick Him Out In A Lot of Different Ways”

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    He is by far the least hit champion, something along the lines of only 21% of his opponents strikes land, and he has a takedown accuracy of around 60-70. Sorry if you have forgotten just how good Cruz really is. But as far as match-ups go the guy is an utter nightmare for anyone.
    Doesn't matter how he has been the least hit champion in the past. It matters that, at present, he still has not recovered from 2 career threatening injuries. Odds should be unanimously in Barao's favour.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    hahahahaha. What!!??!!
    what part of that post is funny to you?

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    His lack of reading comprehension?

Cruz was a beast. Cruz had an insane mix of grappling and striking that has rarely been seen in a consistent basis from the same fighter.

Noone but his team knows where he is at currently.

Super tough fight for Cruz....especially with how Barao seems to be improving from fight to fight. The dude is such a gamer...very talented/athletic and just has the mind of a fighter. Might even be better than his main training partner Aldo honestly just because his ground game is so damn good.

It regrets me to admit it, but I do check Sherdog from time to time and I thought it was a complete joke they had Barao at 9 on their P4P list. That fuckin guy is top 5 at least. Even though there might not be the consistent high level of competition for him as of now at bantam weight, he's still winning very impressively. Plus he dominated Faber with ease who I have a shitload of respect for...also, 31 straight victories has to been looked for anyone.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Cruz should be stripped and have a welcome back fight. 2 years is too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Sorry if you have forgotten just how good Cruz really is.
    I kinda have. I know he's beastly, but I don't remember him being as beastly as Barao is.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    their is pretty much no one like Cruz in all of MMA.
    He is one part Machida and one part GSP.
    Those were both pretty funny lines.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

If you re-watch Cruz's fights, you will see Masscore's analogy is rather accurate.

I kinda have. I know he's beastly, but I don't remember him being as beastly as Barao is.

Cruz,s stats back up Masscore's comparison. I guess I dont understand your sense of humor.

I feel very bad for Cruz. Like I am a huge NBK fan but NBK is no Barao and NBK caught a an amazingly dominant champ after a long lay off and major surgery, What Cruz has went through is what GSP had 2 ten fold and he will be returning against a completly different animal who's established his place Cruz a once dominant champ I find having no answers if this fight occurs.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

It's really a shame that Barao and Aldo train together because I feel that could be one of the most fun so called superfights out there.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Thread Information