Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dominick Cruz on Renan Barao: “I Can Trick Him Out In A Lot of Different Ways”

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    It's really a shame that Barao and Aldo train together because I feel that could be one of the most fun so called superfights out there.
    Agreed. I think Barao is a splitting image of Aldo. And I'm sure it has to do with them training together.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagmadov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Before Cruz's knee surgeries Cruz/Barao was a top 5 fight for me easy. It was a coin flip than and Barao should be a significant favorite now IMO. One advantage Cruz has is his mind. His ability to dissect fighters is phenomenal. His fight breakdowns on TUF were far more complex than any other coach. Even if never is able to fight again, he will be an elite coach in the MMA world.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

UFC boss worries Dominick Cruz may never find chance to earn back lottery ticket
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...lottery-ticket

"It's like jumping up and going, 'Holy s--t, I f---ing won!' and then, 'Where did my ticket go? I lost my f---ing ticket?' and there's no proof that he had the ticket," White said. "That's literally what it's like."

Cruz, of course, is the reigning UFC bantamweight title holder, but he hasn't competed since an October 2011 win over current flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson. A pair of back-to-back knee surgeries has left "The Dominator" on the sidelines, and Barao has ascended to the top of the division by claiming the interim belt with a win over Urijah Faber and then defending it successfully against Michael McDonald and Eddie Wineland.

Following his victory over Wineland in the co-feature of this past weekend's UFC 165 event, Barao ascended to the top spot in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA bantamweight rankings, leaving Cruz to fall to No. 2.

With nearly two years on the sidelines, Cruz has listened to question after question as to when he might actually return – and whether or not he deserved to still call himself champion.

White said he has no regrets leaving the belt on Cruz this long but knows the expiration date is quickly approaching.

"There's no regret because I like Dominick," White said. It's almost that I felt so bad for this kid."

But more than any title belt or glory, White said Cruz's biggest loss has come simply from the paychecks he's missed, including one potentially large payday that was supposed to come in the summer of 2012. Cruz and Faber were supposed to serve as the co-main event of "UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II," where Anderson Silva defeated Chael Sonnen in the headlingi about of one of the biggest cards of the year.

He was supposed to get a piece of pay-per-view on the Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen rematch," White said. "I'm not kidding you, that's a f---ing lottery ticket. …. He might never have the opportunity to make that kind of money again."

Thread Information