Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones earns more in UFC than his brothers do in NFL ... combined

1. Default Jon Jones earns more in UFC than his brothers do in NFL ... combined

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/23/47...l-combined-mma

Anderson Silva money?

Salary, undisclosed bonuses, post-fight awards, sponsorships ... Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones -- who averages three fights per year -- makes a lot of dough.

More than his two brothers combined.

That might come as a surprise to some mixed martial arts (MMA) fans, considering older brother Arthur (Baltimore Ravens) and younger brother Chandler (New England Patriots) are both starting players for National Football League (NFL).

But don't take my word for it ...

Norms @supernorms

@Artj97 haha you make $2 million dollar base salary. Hook up @JonnyBones with your agent or with @RosenhausSports. @Chan95Jones @malkikawa

Arthur Jones ✔ @Artj97

@supernorms @JonnyBones @RosenhausSports @Chan95Jones @malkikawa I'm telling you he makes more then me and @Chan95Jones together.

11:31 PM - 22 Sep 2013
    And here we thought Renan Barao was "Money."

The eldest Jones earns a base pay of $2,023,000 for one year (via Bloody Elbow), while lil' Chandler has a four-year deal worth $8,172,552 ($7,421,215 guaranteed). "Bones" would need to break the $4 million dollar range to outperform them, putting him in this exclusive club.

Not too shabby.

Then again, it helps when you win, which is something that almost didn't happen (despite this Dumbass prediction) at the UFC 165 pay-per-view (PPV) event (watch it) back on Sept. 21, 2013 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, courtesy of Alexander Gustafsson and a "sloppy" Jones.

Sloppy, but well paid.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Considering Jones is the most active UFC champion, this is no surprise to me.

3. Default

Nike and Gatorade sponserships pay well.

Well and the UFC selling him as the best thing since sliced bread.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Not surprising. I've been saying he probably makes much more than his brothers for a while. It would be a different story if one of them was a QB.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Jones is the current face of a sport while his brothers are relatively unknown cogs in a machine. When Jones makes more than Peyton or middle of the pack MMA'ers make $2million a year I'll consider this newsworthy.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

As much as i disliked him before, he definitely deserves it. Doing what he did in the lhw division is pretty damn impressive.

and Gus made him look like a ham sandwich lol

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Jones brothers are also on their rookie contracts and Art was a mid-round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Goose did well, but I really thought he was going to die in that last round. Had me worried.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...rock-or-Jones/
    “Damn right he is,” said White. “Why would he say it if it wasn’t true? You got all the idiots that say our fighters don’t make any money and all this other stuff. They make lot’s of money; it’s just nobody’s business how much money they make.”

Thread Information