Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva plans to ‘give back the knockout’ at UFC 168

Default Anderson Silva plans to ‘give back the knockout’ at UFC 168

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/23...out-at-ufc-168

"I (will) give back the knockout," Silva told Helwani when asked how he believes he will defeat Weidman on Dec. 28. "I’m working hard now. Chris is the new champion and is a great fighter, but I'm training hard. The new Anderson is coming."

The Brazilian plans to end the fight with a knockout, but he doesn’t expect Weidman to stand in front of him at UFC 168.

"I (will) train more jiu-jitsu because Weidman come to fight me and (won’t) stand up together in this fight," he said. "Go for the ground, go for the ground. I train more jiu-jitsu, and ninjitsu."

Silva admitted that his life has changed a lot since losing the title, and most of the people, including fans, has treated him differently since. But he doesn’t seem to care.

"It's normal," he said. "It's the game. But my family is normal. This is more important for me. My sons, my wife, my brothers and dad. Other people, whatever."

He doesn’t feel he needs a devastating win to prove he’s the best middleweight in the planet, though.

"Come on, bro, definitely no," Silva said. "I'm working hard for a long time. My big goal is train the kids, new athletes coming. I’m normal guy. Sometimes I have good day, sometimes I don't have good day. People will have the new chance to see the real Anderson. It’s normal."

After his first loss in the UFC, Silva said Steven Seagal shouldn’t get all the credit for his devastating front kick knockout over Vitor Belfort, and he explains why.

"I have a good relationship with master Seagal," he said. "He is a great man, great master, but I worked hard the front kick for a long time. I started martial arts and my first master showed me the movement. I've trained Capoeira, Taekwondo, but one day master Steven Seagal came to the academy, watched the training, watched my front kick and said ‘you move (to) the left’ and that's it. (He doesn’t) showed the kick and bla, bla, bla. He's not my coach, he's my friend."

UFC 168: Chris Weidman is now ‘100-percent healthy' for rematch against ‘serious’ Anderson Silva
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/23/47...va-rematch-mma
    "All American" shocked the world by knocking out the former pound-for-pound king in the second round, ending "The Spider's" long-standing reign in the 185-pound division and proved that, despite popular belief, the Brazilian bomber was indeed human after all.

And he did it all feeling "sluggish" and not 100-percent, thanks to two surgeries he went through a few months prior to the "Sin City" showdown. I guess that evens out the playing field, considering that many felt Silva only lost due to the fact that he was "acting inappropriately" inside the cage.

But, ahead of his much-anticipated rematch at UFC 168 on Dec. 28, 2013, Weidman is confident he will be more comfortable and healthier inside the cage when he takes on the "serious" version of "The Spider."

He explained during his recent appearance on "The MMA Hour:"

"I'm expecting a war, just like I expected the first one. I'm going to be going for the finish. I expect to feel better in this fight, I won't have to deal with coming off two surgeries. I just feel like a was a bit sluggish in that last fight; didn't really feel 100-percent myself, but I got the 'W,' which is good, but in this next fight I feel like I will be a bit more comfortable and confident to go out there and do what I gotta do."

He continues:

"I knew going into this fight that I was going to have to fight him again and that's what I wanted. If there wasn't a lot of doubters right now, this next fight wouldn't be something that people want to see. But, there are a lot of people that can't fathom Anderson Silva actually losing to anybody. So, that fact that I got him and knocked him out while he was doing his taunting that he does in every one of his fights; people are just going to say that he wasn't serious. So, I guess the ‘serious Silva' is going to come out on December 28 and we will see if I got lucky or not."
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 09-23-2013 at 09:30 PM.

I still can't believe that some posters were calling for Silva's retirement.

I wanted silva to retire on top... So I guess I'll just have let him entertain me some more on his back up...

4. Default

I do not like the title where it says "against ‘serious’ Anderson Silva"

Anderson walked down to the cage, took his shirt off, got patted down, and climbed three stairs to get into a cage, where they closed the gate, called his name, and asked if he had any questions before he heard are you ready, now fight.

point is, he knew it was a fight and if he was nor serious then that was his fault.
    Facts are, he got in the cage where he did not have a reach advantage and got caught by a big MW.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

That's awesome that Silva is training in ninjitsu. I suspect he'll win by some form of smokebomb/ninjastar combo.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

He'll need to train some Shaq-Fu if he wants his training to be complete.

For the first time I can remember the 185-lb division is actually competitive and deep. Souza or Belfort will be a very tough contest for whoever wins this rematch.

I just hope that Anderson comes in and brings it in this fight. Not to say that he didn't the last time, but I want to see a fired up, getting revenge for the knockout kind of Anderson... Maybe he won't do so much playing around this time.

I removed the Leben comment, it seems to have caused confusion
    Last edited by TN94z; 09-24-2013 at 03:53 PM.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

I wanna see a super aggressive Anderson too. One that attacks, and promptly gets taken down onto his serious ass, and punched in his serious face until he takes a serious nap. Shit, I'm sick of people acting like he fought any different than normal. He keeps distance until he can exploit holes, but this time there were none to find. Leben is not Weidman, their fight will never go that way. Weidman doesn't fight like Leben, which doesn't leave the openings that Leben does. You can't attack Weidman like you would Leben for fear of the takedown. Comparing the two doesn't work at all, it's like saying Anderson shoulda submitted Maia like he did Sonnen.
    USA! USA! USA!

Thread Information