Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva plans to ‘give back the knockout’ at UFC 168

somebody tell the spider that once you're knocked out you can't "give it back" hehe.

on a serious note. Silva relies on his head movement to throw off fighters. if he just fights smart and tentatively he will get take down easier. He needs those matrix body movements to make fighters think too much and as they throw tentative punches and kicks...then he counters. He is not as effective without the head movements and taunting.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I wanna see a super aggressive Anderson too. One that attacks, and promptly gets taken down onto his serious ass, and punched in his serious face until he takes a serious nap. Shit, I'm sick of people acting like he fought any different than normal. He keeps distance until he can exploit holes, but this time there were none to find. Leben is not Weidman, their fight will never go that way. Weidman doesn't fight like Leben, which doesn't leave the openings that Leben does. You can't attack Weidman like you would Leben for fear of the takedown. Comparing the two doesn't work at all, it's like saying Anderson shoulda submitted Maia like he did Sonnen.
    With the Leben comment, I assume this points to me. Nowhere in my post did I say that he didn't fight like he normally does. I know the fight won't go like the Leben fight and I know that Weidman is not Leben.....you are taking that too literally. I see what you are saying but it was a different looking Anderson in that fight. It was almost like he was trying to make a statement for the people that didn't his name. Haha...come on man. Leben and Weidman the same fighter?? If that's what you think of me, then I'll just stop posting altogether. Whatever reason it may be, Anderson played around in the Weidman fight more than he has any other fight. It could be because he got caught, it could be because he was clowning, etc....but it was worse than it has been and he got caught acting a fool. My comment is geared toward him NOT acting a fool like that and actually fighting.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Ppl act like Silva has no chance at all now. The fight can go either way imo. As far as takedowns, lets not forget Silva stuffed Weidman's takedown. He got him down with a weird ankle pick from the sprawl. Regardless if Weidman wins, idk but I don't see him holding the title long when he has guys like Souza and Belfort coming for the belt.

It wasn't directed at you completely or even mostly. It was more of a rant than anything on how Anderson didn't look like Anderson because Weidman didn't look like the norm for opponents of Anderson. It's the same way I've always felt about Penn when people bring up if the "real BJ" is gonna show up. There is only one BJ. That BJ poors it on when he has the advantage, he fucks shit up, and licks blood from his gloves, simply put he looks like a force to be reckoned with. Now when the same guy gets put in a fight where he is at a disadvantage, he looks worse than most in that situation and the fights tend to drag out, partially due to him being so hard to put away. Same guy, wildly different results because of what the opponents do.

Using Leben as my example was partially in reply to said post, but mostly just because he was the perfect example to use for my rant.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

The problem with a more aggressive Silva means he leaves himself open to more takedowns. I think a lot of people kind of forget how that first round went with how the fight ended. But if Weidman hadn't gone for the leg lock, he would have kept Silva on his back all round and beat him up with GnP. I see this fight looking alot like Sonnen v. Silva I with the expection of the last second miracle submission. Silva will be looking to prove a point and end up on his back for most of the fight.
    Dude, I’m a wrestler. I’m the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. That’s all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

What has happened will happen again if there was no lesson learned.

Weidman via 1st rd Sub

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Hahahaha. I'm sure there will be a ko....good night again Anderson Silva. Sleep tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    The problem with a more aggressive Silva means he leaves himself open to more takedowns. I think a lot of people kind of forget how that first round went with how the fight ended. But if Weidman hadn't gone for the leg lock, he would have kept Silva on his back all round and beat him up with GnP. I see this fight looking alot like Sonnen v. Silva I with the expection of the last second miracle submission. Silva will be looking to prove a point and end up on his back for most of the fight.
    That's just the thing though. Weidman is going to go for a submission when he's on the ground. I don't believe he is content with just the GnP like Sonnen is. Anderson has pretty good ground defense as long as you are in his guard. But I do believe that Weidman can submit Anderson. I do think going for the leg was a mistake in the first fight, but you don't really know what would have happened.

Wasn't Anderson stuffing Weidman's take downs after that first one? Everyone knows that the take down is coming from Weidman...he would be stupid not to. I'm sure utilizing leg kicks will be a big part of his game plan. The problem with guys like Weidman and Sonnen is that it usually only takes one slip that allows the take down and that will eat up a whole round. Personally, I don't see how Anderson can implement his striking game without being taken down. The question will be will he do anything different from the ground. I have never liked the fact that he just lays there with the plan of only controlling posture waiting for a standup. The ground is where he needs to be more aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    What has happened will happen again if there was no lesson learned.
    I agree. I think Weidman will have the greater room to improve for the next fight. The question is, did Anderson learn from his mistakes.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Thread Information