Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GSP the 'role model' has ‘never used steroids' and wants to 'elevate' MMA to mainstre

Default GSP the 'role model' has ‘never used steroids' and wants to 'elevate' MMA to mainstre

Georges St. Pierre the 'role model' has ‘never used steroids' and wants to 'elevate' MMA to mainstream levels
    His words on a recent appearance on "The MMA Hour:"

"A lot of people have been accusing me that I'm on steroids. In the past, I always feel it was because they feel I have good athleticism so I took it as a compliment, but, when time goes by, I wanted to make it a point, I wanted to prove to the world that you can be a world champion without using steroids. I've never used steroids in my life and I wanted to make a point for myself. Third reason, I wanted to do something good for the honest people in the sport that are fighting and I wanted to do something good for the sport. As a champion, I want to be a good role model. As an athlete, outside of the Octagon, I want to elevate the sport to another level. I want the sport to be elevated to more mainstream level. I think that's the next step. I want to raise the bar and do something for the sport. I thought I was going to do it. Hendricks said he was going to do it in the past and he changed his mind. I'm still doing it because I'm a man of my word."

According to "Rush," he's already been randomly tested by VADA twice and is just waiting on the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) paperwork to get that test done, as well. Furthermore, "Rush" says he favors VADA simply because they're a highly reputable organization.

And as far as Johny's claims that St. Pierre is getting paid by VADA, the champs says its simply not true and "ridiculous" for anyone to think that.

Despite the fact that UFC President Dana White recently made the statement that all of the bickering between his top two 170 pound fighters is just making them look stupid, St. Pierre is adamant he is simply doing his part to clean up the sport of MMA, something he says is his responsibility as a champion

I find it funny that he didn't say PEDs rather than steroids.

How funny would it be if he was MMA's Lance Armstrong?

Yeah I don't care how clean he is, or how vehemently he claims he's clean... Just let me know if he fails a test. If he clean great, everyone is clean until they get popped. I don't much trust words or politics. Noone comes out going "I'm loaded to the fucking gills on roids and unlicensed trt, hope they don't test me!!"

Note: I'm not saying he's on roids... I just wish he'd quit telling me how not on roids he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I find it funny that he didn't say PEDs rather than steroids.

How funny would it be if he was MMA's Lance Armstrong?
    That's because you're a fucking idiot. Shame on GSP for not using the exact terminology you were expecting.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

5. Default

I am tired of hearing about PEDs and steroids. Josh Barnett has been caught three times and still has a job so it don't matter...cheat or don't,who gives a fuck when there is no real punishment for cheating.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

I do not really know if it is possible to look like that and to be in that awesome shape without any PEDs or roids.
    However, I really believe that he trains like an animal for every fight.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I'm not saying GSP juices. I'm saying that if he did, the UFC would cover it up if they could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

not only is it possible millions of people can and do look that good without roids or peds. im not talking skillset im talking their build. it harder when you weigh more but accomplished millions of times. its easy for me as im 132 lbs. my metabolism is incredibly fast...I eat JUNK. I eat red meat almost daily, all the chicken and skin(the best part) I consume tons of sugar....box of cookies in one sitting tubs of sour keys and Im a coffee whore. I am still ripped to the gills and haven't touched a weight in twenty years and can still bench close to 200. In a world where weight is a problem of course people say 'its not possible for them to be built like that they must be on something" I know plenty of people myself that have look good without steroids. the problem is the lax training regimends and the weigh cuts. guys that have to cut 30 lbs are not in shape all the time. but come weigh ins they look shredded. people start talking. and to boot..im 43 years old.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    That's because you're a fucking idiot. Shame on GSP for not using the exact terminology you were expecting.
    Many people would disagree with your assertion that I am an idiot. I, in fact, am a very bright person, yet no better than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    I don't see a need to insult a person for stating an opinion.

It's not like an athlete has never used a similar statement to dissuade people.

If you are in need of a break, by all means, continue to behave in this manner.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information